attachments in newsgroups

sue

I have a technical issue, new to XP, I would like to attach information to
show whomever what the problem is.

Does this server take attachments?

Thanks
Sue

peter

Yes............but people will be very very very reluctant to open the
attachement.......virus/trojans/??/??
best thing is to just list the issue and if someone is more interested they can
get you to email them

peter

Sue wrote:
> I have a technical issue, new to XP, I would like to attach
> information to show whomever what the problem is.
>
> Does this server take attachments?
>
> Thanks
> Sue

No it does not. These are plain text groups and posting an attachment of an
error is the height of laziness. You type the error in the body of the
message. Most ISPs will strip attachments from places they don't belong.

Don't be so damned lazy!

on salads.

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

<snipped>
> Don't be so damned lazy!

Why dont you go and shoot yourself, arogant bitch

pop

--
---
I may or may not know what I'm saying, but if I

pop

Urinating all over the table agan eh, Miss P? You wouldn't know a technical issue if it were pushed into your orfice anyway, so crawl back into the hole you emerged from and go back to sleep. We'll wake you in a century or so, you wart on the ass of progress. There's someone at your front door wants to talk to you.

To the OP:
One -could- post an attachment here, but most wouldn't open it, and likely no one who could give the best answers would see it. Several, not all by any means, couldn't read an attachment anyway because they are using plain text readers or are set to read only plain text.

Try explaining it in words and if anyone decides it needs to be seen, they'll show you how/where to do so.

Pop

--
---
I may or may not know what I'm saying, but if I
have nothing to say, that's what I say!

"Sue" <noname@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a technical issue, new to XP, I would like to attach
> information to show whomever what the problem is.
>
> Does this server take attachments?
>
> Thanks
> Sue

I don't know about Comcast, but this free server does:
msnews.microsoft.com
I would post the question and ask if they want to see an attachment.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> Sue wrote:
>>
>> Does this server take attachments?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sue
>
> No it does not. These are plain text groups and posting an attachment
> of an error is the height of laziness. You type the error in the body
> of the message. Most ISPs will strip attachments from places they
> don't belong.

You're not even using the same server, so how would you know.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Oh, careful, Miss Prick will have you banned with just a call to MS. Look
what she's done to me. That's why I can't post here any more.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:

>I don't know about Comcast, but this free server does:
>msnews.microsoft.com
>I would post the question and ask if they want to see an attachment.

Or put it on your web site, and post a URL to that as part of the
message - saying 'for detail see picture at'