Recently bought a key online

Artemis Clyde

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I bought it from Direct Game Keys and the site does use the https address meaning it is secure. It never had the option to use PayPal or Google Checkout which kind of worried me. The prices though are very cheap which I'm not sure if I should have been skeptical about that. I checked my bank account online and seen a withdrawal for about $14 yesterday and wondered if that was the site taking the money out. My order still says "This order is marked as Awaiting Payment" which I'm wondering how the long this site takes. Do you think it's because I ordered on the weekend? I actually placed the order Saturday. I ordered Guild Wars: The Complete Collection by the way. It's strange because it says it's $16, but I see a withdrawal for $14 so I don't know what's going on.

MrSiko

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Google DirectGameKeys.com and you will find some anecdotal evidence that they are a SCAM.

Also run a thorough virus scan, as the site probably attemots to drop a few trojans on visitors.

Sorry you dropped money on a scam, but at least you won't do it again ;)

Artemis Clyde

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I did read up and found that site was a scam. Do you believe my credit card is in jeopardy? I rather not even take the chance and just cancel it now.

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Don't take any chances at all. If they have your credit card number, they could easily spam it anywhere they want. Do the safe thing and cancel it.

A word of advice from somebody probably younger than you: If it looks too good to be true, it is.