Is there anyway to LOCK "View" to open in "Details" I do n..

Is there anyway to LOCK "View" to open in "Details" I do not want
them to open in "tiles"..

Thanks
D.

peter

have you gone to Tools/Folder Options/View
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
peter
"Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Is there anyway to LOCK "View" to open in "Details" I do not want them to
> open in "tiles"..
>
> Thanks
> D.

Folder views?

Open a folder. Click Tools, Folder Options, View and click "Reset All Folders". (This resets all the folder view settings). Close the folder. Open and customize the folder again. Click View, Apply to All Folders.

If that does not help, read here:

Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost or incorrect:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8kmFd.46646$kq2.37462@twister.nyc.rr.com...

Is there anyway to LOCK "View" to open in "Details" I do not want
them to open in "tiles"..

Thanks
D.

that did it Thanks
D.

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Folder views?
>
> Open a folder. Click Tools, Folder Options, View and click "Reset All Folders". (This resets all the folder view settings). Close the folder. Open and customize the folder again. Click View, Apply to All Folders.
>
> If that does not help, read here:
>
> Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost or incorrect:

That did it
Thanks
D.

peter wrote:

> have you gone to Tools/Folder Options/View
> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
> peter
> "Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Is there anyway to LOCK "View" to open in "Details" I do not want them to
>>open in "tiles"..
>>
>>Thanks
>>D.

YW, D.