Sign in with
Your question

Why pc gaming SHOULD die. - Page 2

Last response: in Video Games
January 6, 2009 8:00:52 PM

Heyyou27 said:
It's kind of funny too as the system has now been out for more than 2 years.

That's not exactly right; a guy claimed to have a way of backing up a FEW old games to the hard drive such as Call of Duty 3, but he claimed the disc was still needed to play. Also seeing as NOTHING has really come out of his "discoveries" I'd call it BS. Also, even when pirating games is possible on the PS3, are you really going to want to wait for all 33.2GBs of Metal Gear Solid 4 to download?

Anyways, OP is either uneducated on PC gaming or merely a troll. Play Left 4 Dead on the PC and then go to the Xbox 360 version. Not only does it run and look worse on the Xbox, it even lacks full body awareness. Funny how the PC version of Left 4 Dead also supports 2 player split-screen, and the quality of Left 4 Dead in splitscreen also looks better on the PC than the Xbox.

What's really funny is pretty much every gaming site had the nerve to give the 360 version of Left 4 Dead the same score as the PC. Uhh....ok.
January 6, 2009 9:31:54 PM

Celtic said:
About 30 days ago i grabed 2 copy's of COD,w@w and RE3 one for me and one for my son each. Mine was PC and his was Xbox. In the last 30 days i have not achieved anything near playability (on my super cool self built that im soo proud of pc). My son is 12 feet away kickin butt on his Xbox. I have had constant errors and disconnects, crashes and lock ups since i got both games. I did everything possible and even reformatted my pc to brand new status (its only 6 months old). I have sent at least a 1/2 dozen emails to both devs of each game and gotten ONE responce from EA with a fix for RE3. It was not a fix and frankly i had to research router tech stuff to even do that "fix". Why is it the developers can complete a game for a console while a die hard fan of pc gaming gets the shaft? I dont get it :( 

I recently viewed a clip on Toms about the owner of Crytek complaining about pirates. Well...what do you expect from all the famously bad releases of games on this platform? Not since the release of Homeworld by relic in 99 have i played a game without issue. Why has this changed?

Altho i do know alll about getting free games on the net i have never done it. I have been a loyal fan and supporter of pc online gaming and rebuked piracy personaly. However...im going to rethink that position. If these company's can take my money and give me something that wont work then....Poetic Justice mabey ?

Im not looking for fixes or tech help..im just fed up and thought id post a post.

Cheers

XCeltic said:
After the wonderfull way my Original Post was received i all but deleted my account here and had no intention of coming back for more half wit reply's by teenagers with nothing better to do than try to belittle someone. Since i got this fantastic reply after weeks of waiting i though id make a new account to share it with you idiots then move on permanently!

In regards to COD5:

--Response (Nick Bee) - 01/04/2009 07:09 PM Hi, Thank you for contacting Activision’s Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately we do not test our games on the Windows Vista 64 bit operating system. Our games are 32 bit games that are designed to run on Microsoft's 32 bit operating systems. Running the games on Windows Vista 64 bit is unsupported by Activision. --

No where on any box or web site does it state that 32bit is a requirement for game play!!!

at least they tell you to piss off in a nice neat email , more than i can say for you lot.

gday

XCeltic said:
I love PC gaming..Its the company's lack of support or concern for the customer i am complaining about. Im sorry that some of the inbred readers here cant see that in a readable post . I agree that some here have tried to be of some assistance or at least leave some intelligent feedback. Others that log on just to call me a foul name or tell what an idiot i am for having this issue...that just reinforces my opinion of the PC gaming community.

Im was really looking forward to becoming an active member here and hope to contribute and learn from this forum.. Apparently you have to be born or learn elswere how to talk PC tech stuff and be sooo cool like all you gurus. Wish i had been born a phucking PC god like some of you mates.

You should change the name to "Tom's Hardware(Unless you are a novice,then leave or get flamed)

Hopefully theres such a thing as reincarnation and ill be born again. Mabey ill get lucky and my mother will shove a northbridge chipset up her ass and i can get educated via osmosis and be born a PC god like you asswads!

Point of reference: Saying people like me shouldnt have children, calling me moron,saying im clueless and generally insulting posters is really a great way to get more active posters.
To those that left intelligent reply's..thanx

forever gone.....gday

Well your first post sounded immature right off the bat (especially coming from an adult.....with a kid no less), so I'd say expect to be responded to in-kind.

FYI, http://www.google.com is always a good first step towards trouble shooting, and you would've been able to find out a lot faster than contacting customer support that COD 5 actually does run on 64 bit Vista-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/pc-games/757207-call-dut...
http://www.vistareadygames.com/showthread.php?s=49c4955...
http://www.techspot.com/article/128-call-of-duty-5-gpu-...

so right there that puts you on the right track. Then you proceed to narrow down the search by typing in the issue you're having and you're bound to find an answer.

It's strange how you supposedly haven't played a game on PC "without issues" since '99 (a sensational claim even to the most problem-prone PC gamers), yet still go about looking for help like a novice to the platform. If after 10 years of issue-filled attempts the best you can do is call customer support and then when that doesn't work come to a PC gaming forum to flame the platform, maybe just buy another Xbox for yourself or borrow your son's, because clearly PC gaming isn't for you.
January 7, 2009 1:34:26 AM

Celtic said:
About 30 days ago i grabed 2 copy's of COD,w@w and RE3 one for me and one for my son each. Mine was PC and his was Xbox. In the last 30 days i have not achieved anything near playability (on my super cool self built that im soo proud of pc). My son is 12 feet away kickin butt on his Xbox. I have had constant errors and disconnects, crashes and lock ups since i got both games. I did everything possible and even reformatted my pc to brand new status (its only 6 months old). I have sent at least a 1/2 dozen emails to both devs of each game and gotten ONE responce from EA with a fix for RE3. It was not a fix and frankly i had to research router tech stuff to even do that "fix". Why is it the developers can complete a game for a console while a die hard fan of pc gaming gets the shaft? I dont get it :( 

I recently viewed a clip on Toms about the owner of Crytek complaining about pirates. Well...what do you expect from all the famously bad releases of games on this platform? Not since the release of Homeworld by relic in 99 have i played a game without issue. Why has this changed?

Altho i do know alll about getting free games on the net i have never done it. I have been a loyal fan and supporter of pc online gaming and rebuked piracy personaly. However...im going to rethink that position. If these company's can take my money and give me something that wont work then....Poetic Justice mabey ?

Im not looking for fixes or tech help..im just fed up and thought id post a post.

Cheers

More than likely your problems are directly related to the PC itself, you may have some odd problems in 1 PC game from time to time but 3 would pretty much indicate a problem with the PC itself.

Your response hasn't been good here obviously because they feel you're attacking something they [we], all love to do, most having top of the line gaming rigs, and no problems running PC Games, just problems getting really good games to play often enough.

I suggest you concentrate on resolving the problems your PC has, that is keeping you from the original fun you intended to have when you bought these games in the first place.

You said you're not looking for fixes or tech help, but feel free to PM me, and I'll attempt to help you all I Can.

Sorry for the responses you've gotten, but you really setup this thread to receive just that.

I do hope you get your problems resolved! Ryan
Related resources
January 7, 2009 4:50:19 AM

I bet he has a bad stick of RAM....
January 7, 2009 7:13:03 AM

Dekasav said:
I bet he has a bad stick of RAM....

LOL....

prolly dust build up = P

Or his single 80mm case fan has stopped working.
January 7, 2009 11:29:01 AM

Celtic said:
#1 = About 30 days ago i grabed 2 copy's of COD,w@w and RE3

#2 = (on my super cool self built that im soo proud of pc).

#3 = Why is it the developers can complete a game for a console while a die hard fan of pc gaming gets the shaft?

#4 = Not since the release of Homeworld by relic in 99 have i played a game without issue. Why has this changed?

#1 If RE3 is a reference to Resident Evil 3, that game sucks period! The player interface is something similar to the Genius of Kindergarden level, I wouldn't doubt what so ever you've had problems with that PC game, as a FPS its a joke and a waste of money, my copy of that game got shelved immediately.

Your reference to COD is that the original COD or COD4 Modern Warfare?

If thats the original COD, believe it or not you can have a machine too advanced to play some of the older offerings, even in compatability mode and end up with nothing but trouble trying to play it, a good example of that is the old SOF (Soldier of Fortune), and part of that reason is the old AGP interface speed the game was designed for, that even compatability mode cannot solve.

#2 List the specs of that super cool self built PC, including the operating system its running?

#3 Has already been addressed but the answer you got was right, their platform doesn't change so their developments work for all the consoles, because they all have the exact same hardware inside.

#4 I beg to differ sir, Homeworld did have some control problems, they were resolvable and mostly specific to different hardware configurations.

"As far as Why has this changed?" You need to cut the PC game designer some slack, do you even have a clue as to how many PC platforms and hardware combinations are actually out there in the computing realm?

Meeting Minimum Requirements for a PC game to actually play on your computer is just getting your foot in the door, thats not saying you won't have problems.

Meeting Recommended Requirements means you may be able to play the game problem free on descent settings but no guarantee you'll be able to max your settings.

A high end gaming machine exceeds even the recommended requirements and allows some serious eye candy, but some games even mock the best of the best, like Crysis and Flight Simulator X.

So once again I'll say probably your PC itself, is either lacking the hardware playing capability, (Which no game tech support will be able to resolve for you), or your present configuration isn't properly configured.

Post your exact specs and lets see if we can really discover your problem?
January 7, 2009 11:56:21 AM

COD w@w = COD World at War, the latest :D 
The specs are on page 1, from memory its a 3870 which is a bit sucky...rest is ok.
January 7, 2009 2:02:25 PM

4Ryan6 said:
#1 If RE3 is a reference to Resident Evil 3, that game sucks period!

hey hold on there, i played RE3 on my PS1 when i just past my adolescent period of becoming a human being. creepy stuff, took me 60 saves and 16 hours to finish it my first play through (when i turned pro, finished in 1 hour 30 and no saves @ all). and jill valentine's suit is a feast on my eyes, come on, a gatling gun wielding chick wearing a blue tube?

January 8, 2009 2:39:00 AM

Resident Evil 3 for the PC sucks! Period!
      • 2 / 2
!