Outlook Express sbc

Not sure if right location BUT need help!! Using OE for long time -switched
to sbcyahoo & using OE all ok -- recently can no longer send using OE -- can
recv, called sbc tech support & we conf ok thrrough yahoo but not OE -- they
suggest I need to redownload OE. 1 is this correct?? 2 If so how, & if not
how do I get so that I can send w/OE -- do not want to use yahoo email set
up!! Thanks David

And what happens when you try to send? Post any error messages in their
entirety.

Rely on SBC/Yahoo for support using your connection and for the correct
settings to use in Outlook Express, nothing else. You do not (and cannot,
in fact) "redownload" and install OE6 in WinXP.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

herman615 wrote:
> Not sure if right location BUT need help!! Using OE for long time
> -switched to sbcyahoo & using OE all ok -- recently can no longer send
> using OE -- can recv, called sbc tech support & we conf ok thrrough yahoo
> but not OE -- they suggest I need to redownload OE. 1 is this correct?? 2
> If so how, & if not how do I get so that I can send w/OE -- do not want
> to use yahoo email set up!! Thanks David

thanks for help -- b4 I copy error msg, sbc tech support said all my settings
are correct & prob w /OE --again it had been working fine for several wks aft
convers to sbc using OE Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<dg615@sbcglobal.net>:
207.115.57.15 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <dg615@sbcglobal.net>... Addressee unknown,
relay=[66.163.168.179]
Giving up on 207.115.57.15.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> And what happens when you try to send? Post any error messages in their
> entirety.
>
> Rely on SBC/Yahoo for support using your connection and for the correct
> settings to use in Outlook Express, nothing else. You do not (and cannot,
> in fact) "redownload" and install OE6 in WinXP.
> --
> OE6-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP
>
> Inside Outlook Express
> http://www.insideoe.com
>
> herman615 wrote:
> > Not sure if right location BUT need help!! Using OE for long time
> > -switched to sbcyahoo & using OE all ok -- recently can no longer send
> > using OE -- can recv, called sbc tech support & we conf ok thrrough yahoo
> > but not OE -- they suggest I need to redownload OE. 1 is this correct?? 2
> > If so how, & if not how do I get so that I can send w/OE -- do not want
> > to use yahoo email set up!! Thanks David

forgot to add that I was able to locate so far there were 6 of these, I had
verfied email address and most of these I had also tried to send as reply to
there email also. In addition I can not even send an emai to myself in OE.

"herman615" wrote:

> thanks for help -- b4 I copy error msg, sbc tech support said all my settings
> are correct & prob w /OE --again it had been working fine for several wks aft
> convers to sbc using OE Message from yahoo.com.
> Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).
>
> <dg615@sbcglobal.net>:
> 207.115.57.15 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <dg615@sbcglobal.net>... Addressee unknown,
> relay=[66.163.168.179]
> Giving up on 207.115.57.15.
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > And what happens when you try to send? Post any error messages in their
> > entirety.
> >
> > Rely on SBC/Yahoo for support using your connection and for the correct
> > settings to use in Outlook Express, nothing else. You do not (and cannot,
> > in fact) "redownload" and install OE6 in WinXP.
> > --
> > OE6-specific newsgroup:
> >
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP
> >
> > Inside Outlook Express
> > http://www.insideoe.com
> >
> > herman615 wrote:
> > > Not sure if right location BUT need help!! Using OE for long time
> > > -switched to sbcyahoo & using OE all ok -- recently can no longer send
> > > using OE -- can recv, called sbc tech support & we conf ok thrrough yahoo
> > > but not OE -- they suggest I need to redownload OE. 1 is this correct?? 2
> > > If so how, & if not how do I get so that I can send w/OE -- do not want
> > > to use yahoo email set up!! Thanks David

Having similar problems with sbc (prodigy)

inactivity. Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server:
'smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F~

A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account:
'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15

Please help!!

The hexadecimal numbers (0x800...) are error codes. You'll find lots of
troubleshooting steps here:

"How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514
--
Ted Zieglar

"~*Jessica*~" <~*Jessica*~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having similar problems with sbc (prodigy)
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server:
> 'smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0F~
>
> A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account:
> 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3,
> Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15
>
> Please help!!

Are you sending from an SBC/Yahoo mail account (e.g., herman@sbcglobal.net)
or from a non-SBC/Yahoo account (e.g., herman@walmart.com or
herman@hotmail.com)?

Was the error message you posted given to you by Outlook Express? Was it
the entire error? In fact, the message is coming from the SBC/Yahoo (AKA
SBCGlobal) SMTP server and OE is just "passing it on" to you. If your
settings are correct and you were sending from an sbcglobal.net account, the
message is pointing to problems on SBC/Yahoo's end. (207.115.57.15 points
to the old Prodigy system, whom SBCGlobal bought out a few years ago.)

Can you give me a link to the SBC/Yahoo page containing instructions for
setting up an account in OE for your area, please?

There is the remote possibility that your current Identity may be damaged,
especially if its the default Main Identity. Try one or more of your
accounts in a new Named Identity (File>Identities>Add new identity).
Assuming all is well, import messages from the old Identity before deleting
it (File>Identities>Manage Identities).

To avoid such corruption in the future:

Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a
manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

~*Jessica*~ wrote:
> Having similar problems with sbc (prodigy)
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
> period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server:
> 'smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F~
>
> A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server.
> Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com',
> Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15
>
> Please help!!

Turn off email scanning in your AV application, it provides no added
protection and causes the error messages you cite.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

I turned off e mail scanning ..no luck...It just won't connect to the
server...could it be a windows firewall issue?

"Kath Adams" wrote:

> ~*Jessica*~ wrote:
> > Having similar problems with sbc (prodigy)
> >
> > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> > causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
> > period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server:
> > 'smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> > Error Number: 0x800CCC0F~
> >
> > A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server.
> > Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com',
> > Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15
> >
> > Please help!!
>
> Turn off email scanning in your AV application, it provides no added
> protection and causes the error messages you cite.
> --
> Kath Adams
> MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Is yours a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?

Have you confirmed with your ISP that your settings are correct, especially
regarding authentication?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

~*Jessica*~ wrote:
> I turned off e mail scanning ..no luck...It just won't connect to the
> server...could it be a windows firewall issue?
>
> "Kath Adams" wrote:
>
> > ~*Jessica*~ wrote:
> > > Having similar problems with sbc (prodigy)
> > >
> > > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> > > causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
> > > period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server:
> > > 'smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> > > Error Number: 0x800CCC0F~
> > >
> > > A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server.
> > > Account: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.prodigy.yahoo.com',
> > > Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15
> > >
> > > Please help!!
> >
> > Turn off email scanning in your AV application, it provides no added
> > protection and causes the error messages you cite.
> > --
> > Kath Adams
> > MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

I appreciate all the " different ideas" I understand most, but IF this is
"basic" I am still getting lost in parts -- update -- IF I log into email
going through yahoo end not OE I can send fine but if OE can not send ---
following is complete error msg when I tried to email to myself in OE --
Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<dg615@sbcglobal.net>:
207.115.63.85 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <dg615@sbcglobal.net>... Addressee unknown,
relay=[66.163.168.186]
Giving up on 207.115.63.85.

--- Original message follows.

From: "dgw615" <dgw615@sbcglobal.net>
To: "dgw615" <dg615@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: testlskfd;lkfa
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:56:20 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C4FAA5.68B69300

,reqpo,rp
------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C4FAA5.68B69300

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#800000>,reqpo,rp</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

"herman615" wrote:

> Not sure if right location BUT need help!! Using OE for long time -switched
> to sbcyahoo & using OE all ok -- recently can no longer send using OE -- can
> recv, called sbc tech support & we conf ok thrrough yahoo but not OE -- they
> suggest I need to redownload OE. 1 is this correct?? 2 If so how, & if not
> how do I get so that I can send w/OE -- do not want to use yahoo email set
> up!! Thanks David

You are using different servers at the online page than you are using OE.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)