Duplexer works in HP 8150 but not in HP 8100?

Tags:
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Printers
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
August 3, 2004 9:42:38 PM

This is really strange... I got a duplexer unit for my HP 8100
(originally HP8100DN, but the duplexer and network card were removed
before I salvaged it). It doesn't work in that printer (always jams
with a page printed on one side, positioned halfway through the
duplexer). OTOH, it *does* work in the HP8150DN on campus (swapped my
duplexer for theirs).

I'd like to try some of the 8150's parts (fuser, duplexer) in my
printer, but I can't really remove printer parts from campus and take
them home. I could bring my printer to school, but I'm hoping to find
a solution that requires less heavy lifting than that ;)

BTW, exactly what is the difference between an 8100X and an 8150X
aside from the extra memory?

Also, does anybody know how to discern the difference between an "old"
duplexer (HP model C3762A) and a "new" duplexer (HP model C4782A)? I
think I have the latter, but I'm not 100% certain.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/pa...

- a

More about : duplexer works 8150 8100

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 6, 2004 3:57:53 PM

Marek, thank you so much. I'm pretty certain that I have the newer
C4782A. One more question:

>>2. If the 8100 is so similar to the 8000, why won't the C3762A work in
>> it? Is it the page speed? If so, is there any way I can slow down
>> the print speed to match the 8000?

> They changed the electronics in it. For example, a few times I've had
> a jam in the 8000 where the display panel said "check duplexer." When
> I use the duplexer from the 5Si in the 8000 there may be a jam in the
> duplexer, but that message is never triggered. The C3762A isn't quite
> as smart. They probably added some additional sensors in the C4782A.

Right, I think there was a bit of confusion here. I tried the same
duplexer unit in both an 8100 and an 8150 -- it worked in the 8150 but
not the 8100.

So the question I'm curious about is: what's the difference between
the 8150 and 8100 (I understand the difference between the C3762A and
the C4782A).

- a
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 7, 2004 12:49:43 PM

Sounds stupidly, but you have to replace the fuser !

"Adam Megacz" <adam@megacz.com> schreef in bericht

> This is really strange... I got a duplexer unit for my HP 8100
> (originally HP8100DN, but the duplexer and network card were removed
> before I salvaged it). It doesn't work in that printer (always jams
> with a page printed on one side, positioned halfway through the
> duplexer). OTOH, it *does* work in the HP8150DN on campus (swapped my
> duplexer for theirs).
>
> I'd like to try some of the 8150's parts (fuser, duplexer) in my
> printer, but I can't really remove printer parts from campus and take
> them home. I could bring my printer to school, but I'm hoping to find
> a solution that requires less heavy lifting than that ;)
>
> BTW, exactly what is the difference between an 8100X and an 8150X
> aside from the extra memory?
>
> Also, does anybody know how to discern the difference between an "old"
> duplexer (HP model C3762A) and a "new" duplexer (HP model C4782A)? I
> think I have the latter, but I'm not 100% certain.
>
> Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/pa...

> - a

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 12, 2004 5:01:13 AM

Y'know, the guy who sold me the refurbed fuser just said the same
thing; in general refurbished fusers don't work with a duplexer in the
8100. He gave me my money back.

Wierd stuff. Apparently when the paper goes through for a second
pass, the ink gets stuck on the fuser; you have to get a newer-model
fuser if you want to use a duplexer.

- a