Video Driver

I have a Creative Sound Blaster PCI64V that came in my Dell Dimension L933r
desktop with an ME OS. I have now installed XP Home and have trouble
installing the driver for the video. The Dell resource CD does not have a
driver for this item with an XP OS. I can install it as though I had the ME
OS but it does not work well. The sound is slow and out of tune and often
just disappears. Is there any place I can download a driver compatible with
XP for this device. I have tried the Dell support webpage and got nowhere.
--
Thanks for your expert advice

ThriftyJohn

As a first step, I would recommend that you check the Microsoft Hardware
Compatibility List, to find out whether your video card is compatible with
Windows XP. The list can be found at:
www.microsoft.com/hcl/default.asp
"thriftyjohn" <thriftyjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Creative Sound Blaster PCI64V that came in my Dell Dimension
L933r
> desktop with an ME OS. I have now installed XP Home and have trouble
> installing the driver for the video. The Dell resource CD does not have a
> driver for this item with an XP OS. I can install it as though I had the
ME
> OS but it does not work well. The sound is slow and out of tune and often
> just disappears. Is there any place I can download a driver compatible
with
> XP for this device. I have tried the Dell support webpage and got
nowhere.
> --
> Thanks for your expert advice
>

> ThriftyJohn

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Try down loading the driver from here
http://au.creative.com/support/downloads/

"thriftyjohn" wrote:

> I have a Creative Sound Blaster PCI64V that came in my Dell Dimension L933r
> desktop with an ME OS. I have now installed XP Home and have trouble
> installing the driver for the video. The Dell resource CD does not have a
> driver for this item with an XP OS. I can install it as though I had the ME
> OS but it does not work well. The sound is slow and out of tune and often
> just disappears. Is there any place I can download a driver compatible with
> XP for this device. I have tried the Dell support webpage and got nowhere.
> --
> Thanks for your expert advice
>

> ThriftyJohn

Thank you John. I found the correct driver where you sent me and it works
fine.

Thrifty John