Crysis CCC 1.31 Mod [But my controls now lag...]

5I7H10RD

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
Hi guys, as you may notice, this is my first time posting, I've been using this site for sometime, and I have come to notice that help is quite fond of making appearances, this is why I am creating this thread. I don't usually ask for PC/Game related help, since well... I like to keep my pride intact but meh, thats out of the window now.

Anyway to my point.

I recently... Infact, I just re-installed Crysis, and the CCC mod [1.31] with the ToD mod too. Now, this is the first time, whilst using this mod, that I have actually noticed some performance increases, but there is a new problem that has occured.

You see, my average when playing this game is 25FPS [I know, lame, but I find it playable nonetheless], but before the mod, the average was about 19FPS, so I don't think that performance will be causing this.

The problem is that the controls have become... Well simply, they are delayed, if I press the 'W' key to go forward, it doesn't respond immediately, it takes about half a second to realise I pressed it, and to move Nomad forward. The same goes for anything else, shooting, aiming, customizing weapons, everything is just delayed, and it is becoming quite the irritant, especially when I'm trying to snipe a soldier from half a mile away, and as I left click to blow his brains out, it takes its time, and during this time, the damn soldier has moved.

I hope for a solution to this, and any help, from anyone, is greatly appreciated.

I will include my system specifications and the options I took with installing CCC 1.31, incase they can be of any use.

Also to note, this also happens when using a gamepad. This problem doesn't occur in any other game either.

-----------------

Basic System Specifications:

CPU: Intel Q6600 @ Stock 2.4GHz.
GPU: nVidia 8800GTS 512 OCed.
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM 4-4-4-12
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI
Output resolution: 1680x1050

Steps taken during CCC install:

DirectX Selection: Vista, DirectX 9.0c

Level of Configuration: [LVL-4] Medium to High end

Additional features:

-Installed Autoexec.cfg
-Installed ToD

As I said, thanks for any help. It's quite late here, so I'll try to get back to this thread asap.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Thats odd.
Im currently running the same mod and it goes weird on me to from time to time.
I was running the natural mod and never had problems. I think Im going to go back to that.
It has excellent graphics and actually the forest is more dense.
As for FPS I didnt see any difference.
Also I dont know how big of a difference it makes but I still turn everything off in Vista before playing. They say it doesnt matter but I know dreamscape affects it for certain.
One other thing I have figured out is that the 180 drivers dont have the correct fan control so I run Riva Tuner and force 100% fan for at least 10C improvement.

5I7H10RD

Distinguished
May 27, 2008

Yeap... I don't have a clue what's wrong with it, I think it's because it's @ its stock speed. I have attempted overclocking, even with these new RAM modules (2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 x2) and I can't get a decent OC, just crashes every time.

5I7H10RD

Distinguished
May 27, 2008

Those are all mentioned in the first post.

GPU: nVidia 8800GTS 512 OCed
Output Resolution: 1680x1050 (So I play the game at this resolution)

As I said, it's a custom config provided by CCC since it was the level 4 configuration I chose, so I presume it's High/Very High settings.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
As a follow up I went back to the natural mod and it hasnt crashed since, so maby it has to do with the ccc mod.
I also found that the nat.mod. has TOD I just didnt click it the first time.

You need to set your memory timings and DDR2 slot voltage manually.

Check the Crucial website for the exact timings and slot voltage.

5I7H10RD

Distinguished
May 27, 2008

I already did. 4-4-4-12 @ 800MHz, 2.2V. (Well 2.174 since thats the only option in my motherboard closest to 2.2)

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
I just thought of something relevent.
The CCC mod comes with 2 install options.
*choose lite_version if you have a 8800GT/GTX or equivalent, and a decent
processor.

*choose Extreme_version if you have 8800GT/GTX sli or above card, with a dual
core processor

If you possibly installed the extreme version and dont have SLI (2 vid cards)your are going to have problems.

drkailinium

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
i usually play on all highest settings if i move to extreme version will a get an fps boost? and also what do the lite and extreme versions look like next to crysis better or worse?