America's Choice plan and my move to another state?

I have my Verizon Wireless service set up just the way I want it with 1200
minute America's Choice, National Access minutes of use for use with my lap
top and Internet access (I had a terrible time getting them to add this to
my lines), promotional free text messaging 100, unlimited night and weekends
and 1,000 mobile to mobiles - including all of this on my 2 shared lines. I
also have an old promotional plan on another line that bills nothing a month
but pays @33 cents a minute peak & 17 cents off-peak. We use it for
visitors from Europe when they come to visit and need to call from the train
station after siteseeing. My service is in the 847 area code (Chicago
area). I really don't want to give up this stuff - I understand that the new
plans charge $10/month additional for the mobile to mobile (In Network
calling) and I do use the free text messaging but it is not included in any
plans that I see today.

I will be moving to area code 513 (Ohio). Will I have to give up my old
plan and start over or will Verizon allow me to keep the same plan I have
now and just get new numbers in the 513 area code and keep the features I
have now? It would make sense to do so since it's all America's Choice. I
am thinking of keeping one of the shared lines in the 847 area code to give
me a local 847 phone number to use as my Chicago contact number for my small
consulting business. Can I have numbers in 2 different states within the
same A/C plan? Any other suggestions besides "don't move :) that might be
helpful?

Any advice before I call customer service would be appreciated so I go into
this with a proper education of the choices and options that I have for my
move.

Thanks,

Mac

Hic <gmh@ameritech.net> wrote:
> I have my Verizon Wireless service set up just the way I want it with 1200
> minute America's Choice, National Access minutes of use for use with my lap
> top and Internet access (I had a terrible time getting them to add this to
> my lines), promotional free text messaging 100, unlimited night and weekends
> and 1,000 mobile to mobiles - including all of this on my 2 shared lines. I
> also have an old promotional plan on another line that bills nothing a month
> but pays @33 cents a minute peak & 17 cents off-peak. We use it for
> visitors from Europe when they come to visit and need to call from the train
> station after siteseeing. My service is in the 847 area code (Chicago
> area). I really don't want to give up this stuff - I understand that the new
> plans charge $10/month additional for the mobile to mobile (In Network
> calling) and I do use the free text messaging but it is not included in any
> plans that I see today.
>
> I will be moving to area code 513 (Ohio). Will I have to give up my old
> plan and start over or will Verizon allow me to keep the same plan I have
> now and just get new numbers in the 513 area code and keep the features I
> have now?

Yes. You can keep the plan and should be able to keep all your promos. Make
sure you can by calling Verizon customer service at 800-922-0204 and asking
your customer service rep to transfer you to the call center that handles
Ohio customers - they can verify that the package and promotions are available
in Ohio.

When you're ready to switch, you call CS and ask for the E-Z Move department.

The kicker: Your Chicago line and your Cincinnutty line are billed out of
different corporate offices, since they're in different markets. So if you
have separate lines, you can keep one in 847 and move one to 513, but all
the lines on a share plan must be billed on the same account. If you had
one line in each place you'd have to have separate accounts.

One share line in Cincinnutty and one line in Detroit would probably work since
Detroit and all of the cities in Ohio are billed out of Columbus as part of
the Ohio/Michigan market - but Chicago and Cincinnuttty are different markets.

If you need clarification, feel free to ask. I just did an E-Z Move from
Cleveland to Los Angeles (Apple Valley, CA, actually, but the Los Angeles
market) last year. Two lines on a share plan.