I am having a problem copying files to a cdrw disc on windows xp. I can batch
the first group of files, but then when I go back to add more to the same
disc at a later time windows continues to tell me that the disc is full when
I know it is not. I can put the disc on a computer running windows 98 and
read it and it shows lots of empty space but in windows xp it continues to
show that I can add no more files.

On 16/01/2005 plshopgal wrote:

> I am having a problem copying files to a cdrw disc on windows xp. I
> can batch the first group of files, but then when I go back to add
> more to the same disc at a later time windows continues to tell me
> that the disc is full when I know it is not. I can put the disc on a
> computer running windows 98 and read it and it shows lots of empty
> space but in windows xp it continues to show that I can add no more
> files.

You need something called 'packet writing' if you want to treat a CD as
a large floppy.

I would think you installed something to achieve this in W98 which you
haven't installed in XP.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2

"Jeff Gaines" wrote:

> On 16/01/2005 plshopgal wrote:
>
> > I am having a problem copying files to a cdrw disc on windows xp. I
> > can batch the first group of files, but then when I go back to add
> > more to the same disc at a later time windows continues to tell me
> > that the disc is full when I know it is not. I can put the disc on a
> > computer running windows 98 and read it and it shows lots of empty
> > space but in windows xp it continues to show that I can add no more
> > files.
>

> You need something called 'packet writing' if you want to treat a CD as
> a large floppy.
>
> I would think you installed something to achieve this in W98 which you
> haven't installed in XP.
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines
> Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2

Thanks Jeff for the information about "packet writing"...any idea what
software includes that or where I might be able to download that on my
windows xp?

Packet writing? Nero (InCD) , EasyCD Creator (DirectCD)or whatever it's
called now)

--
Tumppi
Reply to group