Freezing under Safety Mode

I tried Safety Mode by hitting F8 many times in the past..
I see WinXP screen.
Everything is frozen. I cannot move mouse because cursor was frozen.
I cannot type in password.
Literally, everything is locked up.
How can I make it work? Satoshi

Your mouse does not work when you get to the boot menu, the menu where you
choose to start in Safe Mode.

Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys on your keyboard. (NUM
LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:34vlkoF4hgmp1U1@individual.net,
Satoshi <satoshi@thuntek.net> hunted and pecked:
> I tried Safety Mode by hitting F8 many times in the past..
> I see WinXP screen.
> Everything is frozen. I cannot move mouse because cursor was frozen.
> I cannot type in password.
> Literally, everything is locked up.
> How can I make it work? Satoshi

Thanks.
That could be problem.
I will try.

Regards,

Satoshi

> Your mouse does not work when you get to the boot menu, the menu where you
> choose to start in Safe Mode.
>
> Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
> (NUM
> LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will
> function.)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:34vlkoF4hgmp1U1@individual.net,
> Satoshi <satoshi@thuntek.net> hunted and pecked:
>> I tried Safety Mode by hitting F8 many times in the past..
>> I see WinXP screen.
>> Everything is frozen. I cannot move mouse because cursor was frozen.
>> I cannot type in password.
>> Literally, everything is locked up.
>> How can I make it work? Satoshi

Another related question: my keyboard and mouse are connected to USB ports.
Does that matter for safety mode?

BTW, I recall trying arrow key. Nothing worked. Maybe I should try to use
those arrowkeys on calculator pad.
Satoshi

> Your mouse does not work when you get to the boot menu, the menu where you
> choose to start in Safe Mode.
>
> Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
> (NUM
> LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will
> function.)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:34vlkoF4hgmp1U1@individual.net,
> Satoshi <satoshi@thuntek.net> hunted and pecked:
>> I tried Safety Mode by hitting F8 many times in the past..
>> I see WinXP screen.
>> Everything is frozen. I cannot move mouse because cursor was frozen.
>> I cannot type in password.
>> Literally, everything is locked up.
>> How can I make it work? Satoshi

If you are booting to the Windows screen while trying to get to SAFE mode,
then you are not in the boot options, such as SAFE mode, etc. You cannot
boot directly to SAFE mode by pressing F8. You have to press F8 until you
get to the boot options, then select SAFE mode. If you have in fact been to
the boot options page and selected SAFE mode, and are brought to the Welcome
screen where your users are listed, as well as the Administrator account,
and that is where your mouse freezes, it's because your BIOS does not
support a USB driver.

"Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
> I tried Safety Mode by hitting F8 many times in the past..
> I see WinXP screen.
> Everything is frozen. I cannot move mouse because cursor was frozen.
> I cannot type in password.
> Literally, everything is locked up.
> How can I make it work? Satoshi

And, well this is not really a big deal, but it's SAFE mode, not SAFETY
mode.

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> If you are booting to the Windows screen while trying to get to SAFE mode,
> then you are not in the boot options, such as SAFE mode, etc. You cannot
> boot directly to SAFE mode by pressing F8. You have to press F8 until you
> get to the boot options, then select SAFE mode. If you have in fact been
> the boot options page and selected SAFE mode, and are brought to the
Welcome
> screen where your users are listed, as well as the Administrator account,
> and that is where your mouse freezes, it's because your BIOS does not
> support a USB driver.
>
> "Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
> > I tried Safety Mode by hitting F8 many times in the past..
> > I see WinXP screen.
> > Everything is frozen. I cannot move mouse because cursor was frozen.
> > I cannot type in password.
> > Literally, everything is locked up.
> > How can I make it work? Satoshi

Satoshi,

No, does not matter. It is called Safe Mode, not safety mode.

Have a look at this...
Arrow keys
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/a/arrowkey.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:34vtr5F4gv6o3U1@individual.net,
Satoshi <satoshi@thuntek.net> hunted and pecked:
> Another related question: my keyboard and mouse are connected to USB
> ports. Does that matter for safety mode?
>
> BTW, I recall trying arrow key. Nothing worked. Maybe I should try
> to use those arrowkeys on calculator pad.
> Satoshi

>> Your mouse does not work when you get to the boot menu, the menu
>> where you choose to start in Safe Mode.
>>
>> Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys on your
>> keyboard. (NUM
>> LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will
>> function.)
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:34vlkoF4hgmp1U1@individual.net,
>> Satoshi <satoshi@thuntek.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> I tried Safety Mode by hitting F8 many times in the past..
>>> I see WinXP screen.
>>> Everything is frozen. I cannot move mouse because cursor was
>>> frozen. I cannot type in password.
>>> Literally, everything is locked up.
>>> How can I make it work? Satoshi

TRENDING THREADS