Soyo Dragon Plus

Exodia

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2002
I recently purchased a Soyo Dragon Plus mobo and I cant get a straight answer from anything , NOT EVEN THE MANUAL THAT CAME WITH IT! , what im wondering is whats the fastest Athlon it supports. TigerDirect.com is saying XP2100+, the manual just says "Accepts Athlon CPU's", and other sites have said it accepts any Athlon with a 266fsb, so any1 out there with a Dragon Plus tell me whats the most fastest athlon it can handle?

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
YES the answer IS in the book. That mobo ROCKS!!.. and yes it is 2100+ on the account that the max multiplier is 14... and don't you be dissin up this board no more.. ;)

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I have been running the same MB for the last eighteen months. It is a pretty solid platform, once you do all of your "VIA-proofing." You may already know these things. If you do forgive me. :smile:

The BIOS may have already been flashed to support 2100+, but MY motherboard would NOT support 2100+ out of the box. I had to flash the BIOS or it would only support 1900+. Like I said, your board may have the most recent BIOS revision, but just in case, you can find the BIOS flash at www.soyousa.com. It's always good to check to see if there have been recent revisions, and, come to think of it, I haven't checked in a while, so I will do so after submitting this post. Also, make sure you get the most recent VIA 4-in-1 drivers. This is a MUST, especially if you are running Windows XP.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

UPDATE: I checked the web-site, and the two most recent BIOS flashes let the MB recognize 2100+, and 1700+ resepectively. You may need to flash your BIOS if the board does not recognize your processor.

Here's the best source to keep your motherboard updated:
<A HREF="http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/" target="_new">http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 03/16/03 04:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>