I need to re-install windows due to problem with virus. How do I do this...I
do not have a dvd burner..I do have cd burner and disc drive. Thank You

Contact the manufacturer of your computer; they should be able to give you
step-by-step directions specific to your model of computer.

Ted Zieglar

In news:5B2B1667-29BA-4DB3-BB0D-1684903B11BF@microsoft.com,
WildIzThaWind <WildIzThaWind@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>I need to re-install windows due to problem with virus.

You may *want* to reinstall Windows, but it's highly unlikely
that you *need* to. In general, viruses can be removed much more
easily, and reinstalling is way overkill

> How do I do this...

Just boot from the Windows XP CD (change the BIOS boot order if
necessary to accomplish this) and follow the prompts for a clean
installation (delete the existing partition by pressing "D" when
prompted, then create a new one).

You can find detailed instructions here:

or here http://windowsxp.mvps.org/XPClean.htm

or here http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm

Please reply to the newsgroup