GTA IV problem installing

deathun0

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
I got GTA IV as a present form a friend, I easily have the specs to run the game, (2.4Ghz Core 2 duo, 2GB RAM and a 8800GTS 640mb gfx card) and everytime i try to install the game it says:
"Your system is incompatible with %P"
My OS is Windows Vista 64bit

Can anyone help me?

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Had the same problem on Vista X64. Unable to find another solution with my original game I downloaded pireted copy from the net and it works!!!
Maybe I should not have bought it at all. I feel like I should have given half my money to pirates that made it work and just a half to Rockstar. By the way my PC is always up to date with updates and drivers. I have heard somewhere that You need x64 framework 3.5 to work but I have never tried since I got it working with pirated copy.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Cant say i blame you ainarssems, but thats really sad to read.

heres a fix i just googled, give it a shot...no idea if it works but a few have said it does:

1) Go to the options of the setup.exe on your GTA disc.
2) Choose the compatibility options there.
3) You need to tick the field with Windows XP (SP2) and accept changes

(from some cheeky russian fella on the GTA forums)

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Oh...quick disclaimer - i have absolutly no idea if this reverts the game back to using x86 hardware recognition i.e. limited RAM and CPU cores. Might result in crappy(ier) graphics.

crusoe74

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007

You will need to download SP1.

Oh, and if like me you always have Vista on auto update and assume you already have it? You don't. You will have to manually go through Microsoft website and download it.

Oh, and ensure you download and install Nvidia's Forceware 184.84 too. This game is a real pig to get working, but when you do..Yay!