Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Iron Man Fanatic Builds His Own JARVIS

Last response: in News comments
April 7, 2010 8:38:25 PM

Thats the first time that I have ever heard of a good use of a Mac.
Score
April 7, 2010 9:05:54 PM

Unfortunately the vid tells very little, so you have to go to the website. I was hoping some kind of demo right there.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 7, 2010 9:07:59 PM

Better not let Job's hear about this. Might take old Chad on a drive to "Harness" his skills. Next video we see of Chad is "Igotrippedoff."
Score
April 7, 2010 9:26:55 PM

He should work on this with Linuxmce instead, it already has the whole platform done :/ 
Score
April 7, 2010 9:46:30 PM

You know, it doesn't really seem that impressive. I admire the guy. It just goes to show you that a little bit of effort goes a loooong way. News ads and god knows who else is talking about including a news alert on the front page of Tom's Hardware is SURE to get him seen!
Score
April 7, 2010 9:47:52 PM

mrddr6Thats the first time that I have ever heard of a good use of a Mac.
That's just downright negative. Shame on you!
Score
April 7, 2010 10:00:44 PM

Hats off for even trying to do such a thing!
Score
April 7, 2010 10:02:24 PM

aletoilBetter not let Job's hear about this. Might take old Chad on a drive to "Harness" his skills. Next video we see of Chad is "Igotrippedoff."

LOL
I think it's more likely that apple would send this guy a cease and desist then sue for violating the license agreement as this was not a preapproved use for a mac.
Score
April 7, 2010 10:07:37 PM

mlopinto2k1That's just downright negative. Shame on you!

Reread their comment, says "This is the first time that I have ever..." Notice the I, meaning in their experience, which might be true (doubtful but possible). If they would have posted " This is the first time a Mac has been put to good use" then it would be a lie, but the way they said it could actually be true to them. Then again, I think they were being sarcastic :p 
Score
April 7, 2010 10:10:36 PM

kelemvor4LOLI think it's more likely that apple would send this guy a cease and desist then sue for violating the license agreement as this was not a preapproved use for a mac.

Too true. Its only 'innovative' if Steve thinks of it.
Score
April 7, 2010 10:34:25 PM

lol at least he used a mac and not a sheep pc..
Score
April 7, 2010 10:39:55 PM

This is the ultimate direction that I see microsoft's "natal" going. Once it is lifted out of the xBox and placed in a PC, natal could be a smooth interface for home integration.
Score
April 7, 2010 11:13:37 PM

People will pay for this software. I will pay for this software. even if I need to buy more hardware. to me it is worth it, and over time this could be made to act as security as well.
Score
April 7, 2010 11:18:18 PM

mrddr6Thats the first time that I have ever heard of a good use of a Mac.
That's gotta be the funnest thing I've read this week. I think a lot of people share that sentiment towards Apple except Steve Jobs army of zombies.
Score
April 7, 2010 11:52:13 PM

CamikaziReread their comment, says "This is the first time that I have ever..." Notice the I, meaning in their experience, which might be true (doubtful but possible). If they would have posted " This is the first time a Mac has been put to good use" then it would be a lie, but the way they said it could actually be true to them. Then again, I think they were being sarcastic
Yea well, you forgot the part where he says HEARD.
Score
April 7, 2010 11:54:04 PM

I bet it could be 300-400 dollars if he used a pc :p 
Score
April 7, 2010 11:54:25 PM

knowomThat's gotta be the funnest thing I've read this week. I think a lot of people share that sentiment towards Apple except Steve Jobs army of zombies.
I am by no means a MacFanatic but I suppose the Armies and Legions of the media industry are Zombies as well? Nice try. They make sh!tloads of cash and laugh at these remarks. No really, they laugh their a$$'s off.
Score
April 8, 2010 12:13:29 AM

congratulations youve invented the smart house. Oh wait....
Score
April 8, 2010 12:16:44 AM

Well, at least they can't call it iHome or iPad.
Score
April 8, 2010 2:28:49 AM

That's pretty cool actually...
Score
April 8, 2010 7:48:08 AM

Honestly, I didn't think of a personal assistant, I though of a metal suit in firetruck red that has freaking cannons!
Score
April 8, 2010 3:13:37 PM

goodguy713lol at least he used a mac and not a sheep pc..

Wow. You could have used any pejorative comment to add "value" to your point, which is basically "PC sucks, Mac rules". But, calling a PC a "sheep" computer? PC users are anything but sheeps, while it's all the way around for Mac users. Again, wow.
Score
April 8, 2010 3:16:04 PM

OK, so the video is just him telling us about his system, but I never actually heard it in action. Stupid video...
Score
April 8, 2010 4:25:13 PM

goodguy713lol at least he used a mac and not a sheep pc..

theres a reason most apples are white... and the only other color is black... guess what both are colors of sheeple
Score
April 13, 2010 10:10:51 PM

Computer_LotsOK, so the video is just him telling us about his system, but I never actually heard it in action. Stupid video...

Just check youtube. There's plenty.
Score
Anonymous
April 14, 2011 5:04:37 PM

If you google "Jarvis System" you can see the Jarvis projects out there. It's all the rage!
Score
!