Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why is World of Warcraft so popular?!

Last response: in Video Games
January 7, 2009 4:34:54 AM

Ok im no gamer...I used to be a heavy ps2 gamer...but those days are long gone...

I have noticed a game called World of Warcraft has been out and it is driving me insane.. I have never played it..so idk anything about it..in fact i didnt know it existed until South Park release and episode about it. What I want to know is..what is so amazing and addictve about the game...I know people that grades have fallen because of the game...wassup wit that...

Also how does paying work...DO i like pay once for the cd and be done...or is it like a yearly charge like xbox live...or is it monthly...what??

ALL WOW players please tell me why you lose sleep over this game!!

More about : world warcraft popular

January 7, 2009 5:22:25 AM

With wow you pay for the cd to begin with AND a monthly fee (with slight discounts for paying for more than a month at a time)

WoW is popular for several reasons first of all it generally works, which at the time of release was still a rarity amongst mmorpgs which people just expected to be riddled with bugs,

secondly it runs on even very old computers well (although now its graphics are looking dated on high end pcs)

thirdly its the social side of the game thats far more addictive than the game play itself. I would be surprised if any of the hard core "addicted" players arent part of very active guilds. People are drawn to the game to play with their online friends to not log in for a night is to abandon their friends and probably fall behind in some group achievement or another - letting the team down.

The game hands you plenty of time consuming goals to complete, but what makes them worthwhile completeing isnt the "rewards" in game play terms its the rewards of working with your friends and chatting about the rewards after with your friends (bragging or complaining either way its social...).

MMORPG's have very much redefined gaming, at one time gaming was a solitary pursuit, wow and other mmorpgs turn it into a social activity and many players consider it a good alternative to meeting friends in the local pub.
January 7, 2009 11:21:19 PM

Excellent social game, very little bugs and the ones that are are constantly fixed with ongoing patches (every month or so) alot of veriety, graphics are pretty good even for a game a few years old. New content added regulary (patches and expansions).

But as dtq said, the social side of the game is HUGE. It feel pretty good the first time your guild takes out a raid for the first time or whatever.

You just need to know that the game is addicting and to limit yourself to playing it. Set smaller goals so you don't need to spend hours on it. And make sure it's the last of your priorities lol.

Related resources
January 8, 2009 6:58:03 AM

Was social for me. We even had a guild pish up in Switzerland earlier this year, 11 of us went.
January 8, 2009 12:59:10 PM

Simple really; its the mmo the Ultima Online fans ran to after UO2 was canned by EA.
January 8, 2009 1:56:41 PM

I dont play it but my kid does all of the time and i think another
positive aspect is that they are continually putting out expansion packs
so the game doesnt get static thus maintaining interest.
January 9, 2009 5:12:05 PM

It has alot to offer as entertainment, but can be come very addicting. For some its a fun game that has very few limits and is very entertaining. A fun way to talk to people from ALL over and socialize. Explore a vitual world and go in cool quests and what not. To other's it's like CRACK and consumes their entire lives, ruins relationships, family, and your entire existence.

I personally have a friend who divorced her husband because all he did was play WOW before work, after work, and into the nights and weekends. He did nothing, got fat, out of shape (well he was a shape ROUND), and ignored her, and his family. My buddy knows someone who failed out of school because it consumed his life. Another lost his job because he would not show up for work so that he could do his little quests.

Can you tell I'm a WOW fan? haha. I honestly have nothing against the game what so ever, it seems cool. But people let their entertainment get out of control and turn in an addiction. And yes there is a difference between playing alot because you are a gamer and mentally not being able to disconnect yourself from the game.

January 9, 2009 5:44:08 PM

jay2tall said:
It has alot to offer as entertainment, but can be come very addicting. For some its a fun game that has very few limits and is very entertaining. A fun way to talk to people from ALL over and socialize. Explore a vitual world and go in cool quests and what not. To other's it's like CRACK and consumes their entire lives, ruins relationships, family, and your entire existence.

I personally have a friend who divorced her husband because all he did was play WOW before work, after work, and into the nights and weekends. He did nothing, got fat, out of shape (well he was a shape ROUND), and ignored her, and his family. My buddy knows someone who failed out of school because it consumed his life. Another lost his job because he would not show up for work so that he could do his little quests.

Can you tell I'm a WOW fan? haha. I honestly have nothing against the game what so ever, it seems cool. But people let their entertainment get out of control and turn in an addiction. And yes there is a difference between playing alot because you are a gamer and mentally not being able to disconnect yourself from the game.

Ive heard the same tales about golf and fishing, and aquarium keeping. In fact I knew one guy who left his wife for another woman in another country that he met on a fish keeping forum on the internet... Ive heard the same stuff about tennis players cyclists, motorsport etc etc etc. Ive never met a hobby yet that mankind cant take to excess.
January 9, 2009 6:09:04 PM

dtq said:
Ive heard the same tales about golf and fishing, and aquarium keeping. In fact I knew one guy who left his wife for another woman in another country that he met on a fish keeping forum on the internet... Ive heard the same stuff about tennis players cyclists, motorsport etc etc etc. Ive never met a hobby yet that mankind cant take to excess.

I am not talking about tales, I am talking about actual events. I do agree though that almost anything can be taken to extreme. I am sure you can find a story about almost anything being taken to the limit and becoming habits or addictions.

WOW has seemed to be the new extreme and some people need to get control back. I know some people are addicted to video games in general, but its interesting that when I ask some that plays WOW "what other games do you play?" and their answer is "No other". And they almost ALL say that. We used to have a monthly LAN party and lost half the guys to WOW, because that is ALL they played. A buddy of a friend of mine nearly lost his girlfriend because of it and sold his account and never played it again. He even admitted it will engulf your entire life and people will hate you for it.

I admit I have watched it being played and seems that it can be very interesting and very intense at times. Ever see the SouthPark episode with WOW in it? It is SO FUNNY!
January 9, 2009 6:36:09 PM

*****A Word of Caution****

Wow is a way to "enter another reality and forget about your real life" I played WoW for about 2 years hardcore. By hardcore I mean being a member of a top 25 U.S. guild, raiding 5 nights a week for 4-5hours a night. I started playing after I graduated from college, was planning on working for a year and then applying to medical school. Basically I became addicted to the game and even postponed applying to medical school for a stupid video game. Its like I lost all interest in everything else, I would get home from work and play till I went to bed. I finely decided enough was enough and quit and im so glad that I did its like a burden was lifted off of my shoulders. But...the damage was already done and I had basically wasted 2 years of my life. Although the time spent in game was fun all I could think about was everything that I could have done in that time spent in the World of Warcraft. WoW is like a drug and if you start playing it I caution you that it really can become addictive and can take over your life if you let it. It almost becomes a chore, such as you have to get this done in game or have to spend time collecting this or that. Before you know it your day is gone. I still have my account but I will never log onto it again.

On a happier note...
I have gotten back on track with my studies and got accepted into school at least.
January 10, 2009 1:05:39 AM

kirvinb said:
Ok im no gamer...I used to be a heavy ps2 gamer...but those days are long gone...

I have noticed a game called World of Warcraft has been out and it is driving me insane.. I have never played it..so idk anything about it..in fact i didnt know it existed until South Park release and episode about it. What I want to know is..what is so amazing and addictve about the game...I know people that grades have fallen because of the game...wassup wit that...

Also how does paying work...DO i like pay once for the cd and be done...or is it like a yearly charge like xbox live...or is it monthly...what??

people who dreamed of being wizards as kids like WoW.
January 10, 2009 1:38:02 PM

because ozzy osbourne advertises for it
January 10, 2009 3:30:11 PM

WOW is the type of game you either like and dive into, or you don't like and cannot see the attraction to, as for me I'm strictly a FPS gamer, and WOW just didn't do it for me, its more like a fantasy childs game tailored for adults also.

Probably designed to capture mentalities leaning more toward the addictive tendencies to escape reality and dwell in a fantasy world leaving daily cares behind.

Its definitely a game you'll have to try for yourself to discover if you like it or not, personally I do not have the time to invest in a game that takes months on months and can even be played for years if you're so inclined to invest that kind of time, as some have done.

However if I had liked the game from the beginning I would have stuck with it, its just not my type of game and thats all there is to it, you can get fully functional trial game disks to see if its your type of game, at least you have that option.

However you have to hand it to the WOW game designers, they successfully developed a true cult following game, that constantly brings money into the company, they accomplished their goals way beyond their expectations.
January 10, 2009 7:38:51 PM

I started to play as a fun way to interact with my family all at once over many miles in many different places at once. I also play with my teens when everything else is done and it is scheduled in ( i have honor students in high school) I feel it is a harmless escape.

It plays very well on dial-up (not talking about patches on dial-up), works on older computers, and cost no more then a cheap dinner out or a few drinks at the bar.

You can stop playing and paying at anytime you need a break or are too busy and pick back up your subscription later and everything is all there, except what was in mail box.

Those saying that this game is addicting are blaming the wrong thing. The person playing may have addictive behavior to begin with.
January 11, 2009 12:10:10 AM

I, Myself, played alot to this game without being addicted. I stopped recently with the new expension, but the game is really good. I can tell that because the END-GAME content is vast and never ending, I raided in Sunwell plateau at 70 and been in 2K rated arena team, been LOT of fun. It also helped me learning english(I am now in advanced class in college) Everyone that will tell you that WoW is a fishing hook like crack, it is not. People who are easily addicted will be, people who are capable of self-control wont.
January 11, 2009 12:15:18 PM

I played WoW on and off for about two years. I agree with jayhawk5, it consumes you. As much as it fairly unique in the sense of its vast content and continuing expansion, at times is also one of the most stupid and unimaginative games out there.

As Lyper was saying, the end game content is vast, never ending and basically what everyone, at some point, strives towards, but getting to the level to engage in this content takes weeks for some, and that is actual playing time. The low level quests are SO **** its beyond comprehension and infinitely lack imagination and originality. Killing a certain number of apes or tigers is as boring as it sounds but could easily take you 30 minutes.

I do not play anymore because I think what Blizzard requires of it's gamers, in terms of time and money, is too much. Paying up to £9 a month for a game, if you think about it, is quite scandalous, especially when you see how much things like XBOX live cost and what they can offer in comparison.

At the moment I am playing things like CoD4. I like the online element of games, so I think that's what attracted me to WoW in the beginning. I started playing with a few mates who lived quite far away from me, so it was pretty cool to do quests and stuff with them, but the novelty runs out pretty quick, or until somebody logs out(or servers go offline and don't come back on at stated times).

In my opinion WoW gameplay is too centred on character level. I like CoD4 because even though you have a level it does not necessarily restrict you from playing against other higher level characters, therefore there is more focus on player skill than anything.

I don't know exactly how many people play it now, something like 11 million, but with it receiving more media attention than ever, it could be huge among all types of people and not just those who enjoy PC gaming. If this is the case, keep your eyes peeled for increased divorce and obesity rates.
January 17, 2009 3:42:34 PM

I SEE...WELL IMA TRY THE 14 DAY TRIAL TO SEE WHATS IT ALL ABOUT
January 18, 2009 8:12:00 PM

14 days aint long enough of a trial imo, you need a month
January 20, 2009 12:56:44 AM

Because people make money off it. I know people that used to build up accounts and then sell them for money.
January 20, 2009 6:52:27 AM

SpinachEater said:
Because people make money off it. I know people that used to build up accounts and then sell them for money.

/wave :D 
January 20, 2009 2:22:43 PM

how much would you sell them for?
January 20, 2009 2:31:43 PM

It depends.

Lowest was a £40 jobby that just hit 60. Highest was a T6 / S4 monster account with 80k gold and 2 70's that went for £650. That was my main account, took about 8 months to build all that up. A 60 can be done in a few days casual play.

Has kinda died off, i got a 80 rogue atm and cant shift it for love nor money :( 
January 20, 2009 3:24:32 PM

pr2thej said:
It depends.

Lowest was a £40 jobby that just hit 60. Highest was a T6 / S4 monster account with 80k gold and 2 70's that went for £650. That was my main account, took about 8 months to build all that up. A 60 can be done in a few days casual play.

Has kinda died off, i got a 80 rogue atm and cant shift it for love nor money :( 

Ya Blizzard accelerated leveling a few months back and that really killed the market for selling accounts. You're lucky to get back what you paid for the software (game plus two expansions) never mind a few months of subscription fees for a single level 80. Last year I got $200 for a 70 Hunter with nothing else of any value (gear, gold, mounts, etc). Now I would only get a fraction of that for a comparable level 80.
January 20, 2009 3:36:10 PM

Maybe you guys will have to sell furniture in second life since the economy is tight :p 
January 22, 2009 3:54:12 PM

I have had a long history with MMOs...

Everquest, Dark Ages of Camelot, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, D&D Online, and World of Warcraft.

My wife has a different track, including several non-US "big production" free MMOs that she beta tested, played for a bit, and would eventually quit.

However, the most fun we had in DaoC, SWG, and WoW was simply the two of us doing things ("duoing" instead of "soloing") in the game. In DAoC, we played a Midgard warrior and warlock; in D&D Online, a warrior and a rogue; in SWG, a pair of entertainers; and in WoW, a feral druid and rogue.

For us, playing the game was quality time spent together for a rather low price. (Setup fee of $100 for 2 copies of each game, plus ~$24 a month.) We averaged playing each game about a year. In short, we spent just about the same amount of money as a typical couple would spend "going out to a movie monthly, etc."

Further, our group of friends would go in and out of playing the games as well. As a result, we would end up playing as a large group in the game instead of "going out partying, etc."

In short, games like this have their draw because of their social aspect, and it doesn't even have to be the "large guild, raiding, hours spent" type. Sometimes, it is closer to home. In WoW, our "low/mid instance running guild" had several people that all were part of the same family. (A father, mother, teenage son, teenage daughter, ...)

What is better? Everyone sitting in the living room watching expensive (subscription) cable tv/TIVO/etc. for family time....or all playing a game together on computers (also used for work, shopping, etc.)? I believe it is the computer game.
----------------------------------------------
With all of this said, my wife and I actually miss playing anything now, due to a combination of the economy (no money for anything but necessities, including subscription fees) and time (extended family problems on my side).

With a portion of my income tax (even though shouldn't), we'll probably end up buying Guild Wars simply because it has the setup cost, but no subscription fees.

MMO's are cheap, interactive entertainment for the family. Versus tv which is non-interactive. (And, costs nearly the same if you buy the "right" package.)
January 23, 2009 1:56:30 PM

I have found theres lots of types of wow players.

I would never say to anyone, dont play it because you will get addicted because its down to personal control.

I was heavily addicted a year or two ago. I was self employed and my job failed because everything i did got centred around wow. Every thought was about what i should be doing next or what i should be aiming for. Alot of what has been said about it turning into a chorse is very true. If i wanted to gain exalted with someone i would grind until i got there even though sometimes i found it really dull!

I quit before but after 4 or so month i started playing again when WOTLK was released but with a different job and new attitude. My new girlfriend and nights out are always my main prority now. I know other people that can easily play a few hours here and there but also some that seem to be online all the time!

I definately think that to get the very best gear you need to be hardcore wow player unless you have a very kind guild that lets you raid the odd night a week and lets you have most of the decent gear. Most guilds require 2/3+ nights a week commitment and for four hours or more. Its too much for me and just seems like a second job. why arrange your life around wow? it should be the other way around.

As for people selling accounts its a handy way to leave the game while making a few quid but its never going to be worth it unless you enjoy playing. The guy that sold his account for £650 probs played 100-200 days play time which works out to a measley 13-26p per hour not including the £100 or so fees and game keys. So thats great if time played has been enjoyed but not so much if you get bored.

Life>wow
January 23, 2009 2:09:24 PM

kirvinb said:

#1 reason WOW is so popular is because any idiot with just about any PC or laptop from the last 4-5 years can run it as the engine has about as much graphical detail as a cartoon from the 70s.

#2 reason WOW is so popular is because you never loose. Everyone is a winner. The game is SO easy and so dumbed down compared to previous MMORPGs it attracts all ages. They spent millions on study groups just to try and bait people to play. Instead of quality gameplay they found every little nick and nack they could to get people addicted. Im not joking. They used panels that applied things gambling adiction, drug adiction ect.

#3 reason WOW is so popular is because the average intel of most people these days is not as high as it used to be. Sounds sad but its true. People take the easy road first and foremost when it comes to the majority. They dont look to history for quality products and services and that is how WOW has kept the blinders on the costumers all this time.

If you are a semi inteligent human being and an adult then the WOW community is going to drive you insane. The super horrible game quality and dumbed down level of play will drive you insane. Once you play any decent MMORPG you will never want to play WOW again. The pvp is a joke and the PVE is about as much fun as watching paint dry.
January 23, 2009 2:23:29 PM

delsaber said:
The guy that sold his account for £650 probs played 100-200 days play time

A touch over 30 /played

I quit for a few months before coming back to make that toon and because of the work i put into my guild before (GM and RL) i quit, this new character got boosted through most of the pve content.
Will always remember swapping my green of the bandit boots for the purplez that Teron drops.

The gold came after the guild disbanded pre wotlk and i was left with a stacked gbank i didnt want. Was prolly a bit more than that, but i gave a lot away to friends and ex guildies still on the server.
January 26, 2009 1:36:39 PM

jerseygamer said:
#1 reason WOW is so popular is because any idiot with just about any PC or laptop from the last 4-5 years can run it as the engine has about as much graphical detail as a cartoon from the 70s.

#2 reason WOW is so popular is because you never loose. Everyone is a winner. The game is SO easy and so dumbed down compared to previous MMORPGs it attracts all ages. They spent millions on study groups just to try and bait people to play. Instead of quality gameplay they found every little nick and nack they could to get people addicted. Im not joking. They used panels that applied things gambling adiction, drug adiction ect.

#3 reason WOW is so popular is because the average intel of most people these days is not as high as it used to be. Sounds sad but its true. People take the easy road first and foremost when it comes to the majority. They dont look to history for quality products and services and that is how WOW has kept the blinders on the costumers all this time.

If you are a semi inteligent human being and an adult then the WOW community is going to drive you insane. The super horrible game quality and dumbed down level of play will drive you insane. Once you play any decent MMORPG you will never want to play WOW again. The pvp is a joke and the PVE is about as much fun as watching paint dry.

I agree with some of what you are saying jersey.

Alot of wow has been dumbed down but I think thats just to spread it out to a wider audience. The higher end raiding although not massively difficult does require some tactics rather than button bashing. I think pvp is the same but I have found PUGs to be the most frustrating side of things be it for pve or pvp because its when the people with a degree of intellegence meet the facerolling button bashers that just do WSG to run to the centre and see big pretty numbers on thier screens.

The graphics have always been an interesting point. For me I will play any game as long as it plays well where as alot of friends will go for games because of their graphics. Dont get me wrong I love games that look stunning but if the gameplay is no good it doesnt matter.

It would make me laugh though if they massively upgraded the graphics. Nvidia and radeon graphics cards would be sold out everywhere! lol
January 26, 2009 5:45:57 PM

Ah, WSG...

There was a reason I, as my feral druid and my hunter, was usually the flag carrier. It seemed no one else was generally intelligent enough to run in and out in differing ways, deal with the single person that would stay behind to guard (don't kill them, just root/snare/pet attack, grab flag, and run), etc.
January 27, 2009 7:15:07 AM

yes terr, teh same problem here. WSG could easily be a 10-15 minute affair as most premades are if its 10 people that know what they are doing.

normally i see people respawn, run straight to centre and start zerging, get killed then repeat the process 100 times. lol.

Thats why im saying wow is so much more fun with a decent guild or group of friends. pve and pvp is made so much easier!
January 27, 2009 7:19:52 AM

Epic 2 hour WSG's were probably the most fun i had in the game. Resto Shammy FC > *
January 27, 2009 8:38:32 AM

I have been playing wow for the past year. I disagree that the game is dumbed down at higher lvls. Try leading a 40 man raid in Gruuls and see if that takes intelligence, research, skills of players (not just button pushing), listening skills, and a great deal of patience! At lower lvls it is easy and questing is by far boring, but all those higher lvl dungeons weed out the so called button pushers.

I will admit it has a high degree of addictiveness to it because of that feeling of wanting to win all the time, which is earned by the way, and not always easily attained. But I feel that this game not only teaches you to work with others, but tests your own personal level of self discipline.

Horde Rules!
January 27, 2009 8:39:56 AM

Ally are clearly smarter. For one, we wouldnt try and fit 40 people into Gruuls Lair.

(Couldnt resist :D  )
May 31, 2009 12:10:12 PM

Basically, WoW has 2 things going for it that NONE of the newest MMOs have.

The first being the large social element. After 4 years of running, players that have been with the game for sometime has made friends in the game... and not just one or two. (For me, it's more like 30 to 40!!!) That's is a tough egg to crack for the newer MMOs...

The other one is System Requirements! Look at what WoW (release date Nov 23/04) needed to run! CPU: Intel P3 800Mhz!!! Basically a CPU that was almost 3 years old! Lets not even get into graphics, Ram or any other little details!

Now, Look at what many of the newer MMOs require. They require you to have a current (usually within 18 months) system with updated videocards! For instance Age of Conan required (at the least!) an intel p4 3ghz with a Geforce 5800! They Recommend a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz (E6600) or better!!

WoW grabs most people for the simple fact that it will run on almost ANY system bought in the last 8 years. It is easy to play (lets be honest.. how many buttons do ACTUALLY press in WoW???) The only thing that WoW goes so far to "punish" players is in their crafting system... And all that punishment details is the insane time it actually takes to craft some of the better gear. (Amazingly, some people actually find this fun!!)

Heck, the only other MMOs out there that have player bases in the MILLIONS are the browser based games (like Runescape) and once again, you have the simplicity of just requiring to log onto the internet and opening your web browser.

IMO many Game Developers are shooting themselves in the foot by pushing for the best graphics, physics, complexity and "open ended-ness" Make a game that will run on an OLD system, is easy to play, has a story arc with lots of ways for the players to interact, AND doesn't slap a player for dying! Then you have a chance to break that magical 1 million subscriber mark that no other Pay-for-Play MMO has been able to do since World of Warcraft hit the market.
June 4, 2009 7:23:19 PM

I play because I'm able to log in for just a little bit and do some daily quests, buy/sell on auction house to make a steady profit, and logout until the weekend where I still benefit from my short amount of time playing in the week.

Also, the actual gameplay has me hooked compared to other MMOs -- I just tried playing a friend's character on Lineage II after I hadn't played it for a couple years and was totally disappointed with the PvP/lack of "doing stuff" when you fight that you get with WoW.

WASD + Mouse look is VERY comfortable for a lot of non MMO players already, and the large number of skills/talents/gear builds allow you to adjust your character, so you also get that character build planning that was awesome in games like Diablo II.

Overall a fun game, but not for people who can't keep their priorities straight in life. Work/Family/Friends/Responsibilities > WoW
June 4, 2009 7:59:41 PM

IMO stay away....! I've see honest well rounded gamers turned into Wow addicts over night, and all of a sudden they got no time for anything or anyone else... Seriously, I even tried watching him play... I got so board with the dumbed down graphics, monotonous repetitiveness and constant waiting that I can't even fathom why people even consider playing it unless they have a computer that can't play anything else. And the social thing is a joke, unless your addicted to typing non-stop.... then there are the ridiculous fees after paying for the CD.... But hey, to each his own I guess.
July 10, 2009 8:54:06 AM

What really interests me is what human need is satisfied by playing games like WoW. Could you say virtual worlds and games are the modern version of a (fantasy)novel? Is it the social aspect? Or a combination of the two? And how about virtual worlds like Second Life?

The addition missery is secondary, people become addicted to everything ranging from tea, video to cocaine. But what is it that makes such big crowds move.
July 10, 2009 6:16:57 PM

OMG, this thread is going to make it to next year isn't it? WHY IS THE THREAD SO POPULAR!!!!? That is the real question!! Perhaps the answer to both questions is one in the same......*twilight zone* do DO do do......
July 30, 2009 3:36:17 PM

All the noobs play it! That's why I don't.
July 31, 2009 3:31:25 PM

I have been playing on and off since release. For me it is a way to unwind a few nights out of the week after work and a few hours over the weekend. I am not competitive with other players in terms of gearing up and have been called a noob many times because my dps wasn't on par with other players. I find because I cannot commit more time to the game I am always behind most of the community. It is a fun game but too be honest the main reason I play is b/c WC3 was geting old, I like Blizzard products, and SC2 has not been released. Also, my game time really drops when football season rolls around because I tend to dedicate my weekend free time to watching football/going to games rather than playing WoW.
July 31, 2009 4:25:09 PM

Yes, I find it halarious when getting called a noob in a game that is non-twitch. I can't stand fakes who talk sh*t and can't back it up.
July 31, 2009 9:17:01 PM

bpogdowz said:
Yes, I find it halarious when getting called a noob in a game that is non-twitch. I can't stand fakes who talk sh*t and can't back it up.

Can't believe I'm going to get back into this thread and to defend WoW at that :pfff: 

But just because it's a non-twitch game that does not mean people can't be "noobs". I generally dislike that term altogether, but if you're going to call people noobs there are certainly plenty of them in WoW.

I've played with plenty of people in WoW who have no concept of how to play the game beyond the basic controls the same as I've run into people in FPSs who just can't play. I always played as a hunter and I can attest to the fact that if you want to play at a high level in WoW you need to both know what you are doing and be able to execute.

If anything the fact that WoW does not rely much on twitch response and reaction time means that a mental mistake is that much more costly because you can't really make up for it as easily. Take a game like L4D; say you hit an alarm on accident - well at least you can try and make up for it by playing a little harder to kill the horde. But in WoW if you break a CC or misfire a spell then have to wait for a timer to be up - well there's not much you can do to make up for it other than wait.
August 2, 2009 5:56:03 PM

It's an escape for no life losers. It's no fun, the graphics suck. It's not even real work.
August 3, 2009 1:17:05 PM

bpogdowz said:
It's an escape for no life losers. It's no fun, the graphics suck. It's not even real work.

The same can be said for any game.
August 3, 2009 2:22:11 PM

Okay troll you're right but you're running your mouth at all the wrong times. I spit on World of Warcraft.
August 3, 2009 4:20:08 PM

Who's the troll here? I'm just discussing a game that I've played and do like. You're the one wasting your time in a thread about a game you obviously despise and have no interest in.
August 3, 2009 5:52:55 PM

Okay back on topic then, no one plays World of Warcraft.
August 3, 2009 7:06:00 PM

bpogdowz said:
Okay back on topic then, no one plays World of Warcraft.

Now that's a trolling statement.
August 4, 2009 2:25:52 AM

Seriously NO ONE plays World of Warcraft. FYI I'm sexy as hell too.
!