Malicious Software tool ?

I was wondering if I need to install the update KB890830 its malicious
software removel tool? It comes on my critical updates. What is it for and
how do you use it? I have xp and service pack 1 installed.

That is a tool that will be released monthly.
Let it run (it does not install).
It checks for and deletes a select list of current malware, that will change
monthly based on current problems.

See this link for more information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

chere wrote:
> I was wondering if I need to install the update KB890830 its malicious
> software removel tool? It comes on my critical updates. What is it for and
> how do you use it? I have xp and service pack 1 installed.

Is there any particular reason you didn't read the explanation offered
by the Windows Update site?

If that wasn't enough of an explanation for you, you need to read
the KB Article that describes the use of this tool. The tool is updated
the second Tuesday of each month, appears as a "Critical Update" on the
Windows Update site, and runs only when "downloaded." Nothing is
installed; there's nothing to run at a later date; there's nothing to
ever uninstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890830

--

Bruce Chambers