How to install older programs on XP

January 17, 2005 6:25:04 PM

I have a new system with XP installed and hooked up my older printer to it.
XP recognized the printer itself without my having to install the software,
but the printer is also a scanner/copier and I need to install the softward
from the disk to allow the scanner and copier to work. I get an error message
when putting the CD into the CD-ROM drive: "This program is not supported for
WINDOWS 2000" (which is odd since I have XP not 2000). In the book I read
about how to get your older programs to work with XP it says to click on the
icon go to properties and click on compatibility tab, but that requires me to
already have the program on the system, which I don't and can't because XP
isn't allowing installation. What can I do to install from the disk and get
to the compatibility tab?

More about : install older programs

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 7:41:39 PM

Windows XP is built on the NT kernel same as Windows 2000.
Many older programs will give a similar error.
Go to the website of printer/scanner/copier manufacturer and get the latest
Windows XP drivers.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/