What is difference between core i3 and core i5

Hello,
Is Acer Aspire V 5 571 G an Ultrabook ? Because it is very thin with DVD player.
5 answers Last reply
More about what difference core core
  1. thats on intel to decide if its ultrabook or not.
    the i3 is dual core with 4 threads and the i5 is quad core with 8 threads it depends on laptop some laptops have the i5's with dual core
  2. Hi

I am sure most I5's have 4 cores (and 4 threads) while most I7 have 4 cores and 8 threads
    (desktop CPU's only)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core

regards
    Mike Barnes
  3. Both of the above are wrong. In laptops (including ultrabooks), core i5s are dual cores just like core i3s. They're just faster (and have Turbo Boost).
  4. The difference in performance between Ivy Bridge processors in laptops is much smaller than in desktops, there isn't much an i5m can do that an i3m can't.
  5. danny112 said:
    Hello,
    Is Acer Aspire V 5 571 G an Ultrabook ? Because it is very thin with DVD player.

hello!

The difference is that i3 is mostly lower clocked and doesn't have boost. i5 usually has higher clockspeeds and does have boost. Boost is when the CPU goes to higher clockspeeds when under load.

This is only with notebooks. As it is a laptop you're asking about.

On desktops i3 only got 2 cores, but 4 threads, still no boost. On desktops i5 got 4 cores, 4 threads, with boost.
Ask a new question

Read More

Management Aspire Core DVD Players Intel i5 Acer Business Computing