Welcome Screen won't display NO DOMAIN

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Good Afternoon,

I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he has 3
or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he turns on the
PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user accounts and we've tried
it with and without the Fast User switch box but it still does not display.
His computer is NOT a member of a domain, so I don't know what the problem
is.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anthony....

In God We Trust!
4 answers Last reply
More about welcome screen display domain
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Is Symantec pcAnywhere installed???

    The "Welcome to Windows" Logon Screen Does Not Appear When You Start the
    Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817142

    Also look here:

    Read the instructions at the top, then
    Scroll down to:
    45. Right hand side
    Restore the Welcome Screen - Gina.Dll Error

    The "Welcome" Logon Screen Does Not Appear
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q305281

    Joining Computer to Domain Causes "Friendly" User Interface to be Replaced
    by Classic View
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303594

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23wX%23dUa$EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Anthony Smith <anthony@peconet.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Good Afternoon,
    >
    > I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he
    > has 3 or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he
    > turns on the PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user
    > accounts and we've tried it with and without the Fast User switch box
    > but it still does not display. His computer is NOT a member of a
    > domain, so I don't know what the problem is.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Anthony....
    >
    > In God We Trust!
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi Anthony,

    Certain networking protocols do not support the Welcome screen, you should
    check that all the installed ones are actually necessary.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
    > Good Afternoon,
    >
    > I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he has 3
    > or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he turns on the
    > PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user accounts and we've tried
    > it with and without the Fast User switch box but it still does not
    > display. His computer is NOT a member of a domain, so I don't know what
    > the problem is.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Anthony....
    >
    > In God We Trust!

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Is the machine configured for AutoLogin ?, You can check with
    Tweak-UI for Windows XP, Powertoy.
    Expand the Logon Category [+], Left Click AutoLogin
    "Login Automatically at System Startup" check box.

    "Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
    > Good Afternoon,
    >
    > I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he has 3
    > or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he turns on the
    > PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user accounts and we've tried
    > it with and without the Fast User switch box but it still does not
    > display. His computer is NOT a member of a domain, so I don't know what
    > the problem is.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Anthony....
    >
    > In God We Trust!

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Thanks for the reply everyone, will check it out. Have a blessed day!
    "Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
    > Good Afternoon,
    >
    > I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he has 3
    > or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he turns on the
    > PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user accounts and we've tried
    > it with and without the Fast User switch box but it still does not
    > display. His computer is NOT a member of a domain, so I don't know what
    > the problem is.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Anthony....