Welcome Screen won't display NO DOMAIN

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Good Afternoon,

I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he has 3
or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he turns on the
PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user accounts and we've tried
it with and without the Fast User switch box but it still does not display.
His computer is NOT a member of a domain, so I don't know what the problem
is.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anthony....

In God We Trust!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is Symantec pcAnywhere installed???

The "Welcome to Windows" Logon Screen Does Not Appear When You Start the
Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817142

Also look here:

Read the instructions at the top, then
Scroll down to:
45. Right hand side
Restore the Welcome Screen - Gina.Dll Error

The "Welcome" Logon Screen Does Not Appear
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q305281

Joining Computer to Domain Causes "Friendly" User Interface to be Replaced
by Classic View
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303594

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23wX%23dUa$EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Anthony Smith <anthony@peconet.com> hunted and pecked:
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he
> has 3 or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he
> turns on the PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user
> accounts and we've tried it with and without the Fast User switch box
> but it still does not display. His computer is NOT a member of a
> domain, so I don't know what the problem is.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Anthony....
>
> In God We Trust!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Anthony,

Certain networking protocols do not support the Welcome screen, you should
check that all the installed ones are actually necessary.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he has 3
> or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he turns on the
> PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user accounts and we've tried
> it with and without the Fast User switch box but it still does not
> display. His computer is NOT a member of a domain, so I don't know what
> the problem is.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Anthony....
>
> In God We Trust!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is the machine configured for AutoLogin ?, You can check with
Tweak-UI for Windows XP, Powertoy.
Expand the Logon Category [+], Left Click AutoLogin
"Login Automatically at System Startup" check box.

"Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have a friend that is using Windows XP Professional at home and he has 3
> or more accounts. The Welcome Screen does not display when he turns on the
> PC. The Welcome Screen box is checked under user accounts and we've tried
> it with and without the Fast User switch box but it still does not
> display. His computer is NOT a member of a domain, so I don't know what
> the problem is.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Anthony....
>
> In God We Trust!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks for the reply everyone, will check it out. Have a blessed day!