Wolf Help

mark

A little advise with my Fury Wolf if you'd oblige me.

I have Maxed Lycanthropy, Fury and OS. I have 5 in WW which is enough with
plus skills to reach the last PB with my Ribcracker. One in Grizzly and
Carrion Vine, and all the prerequisites. Currently he is L72 with 5 saved
skill points. So where do I put my points from here? He'll probably get
another 10-15 levels, and I have the 4 from my Hell quests. Is Fire Claws
worth it without synergies? Or should I use the points to build up my
Grizzly? Or is there another option I'm not thinking of? HCL of course.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:38:19 +0000, Mark wrote:

> A little advise with my Fury Wolf if you'd oblige me.
>
> I have Maxed Lycanthropy, Fury and OS. I have 5 in WW which is enough with
> plus skills to reach the last PB with my Ribcracker. One in Grizzly and
> Carrion Vine, and all the prerequisites. Currently he is L72 with 5 saved
> skill points. So where do I put my points from here? He'll probably get
> another 10-15 levels, and I have the 4 from my Hell quests. Is Fire Claws
> worth it without synergies? Or should I use the points to build up my
> Grizzly? Or is there another option I'm not thinking of? HCL of course.

I see the following main options (no particular order):

1) Buff up the bear/wolves with more points in dire wolves or grizzly.
My strategy is to think of these pets as decoys and not to expect
damage from them.
2) Put points in Cyclone Armor.
3) Put points in rabies to help kill PIs. Rabies has less
pre-reqs for you to get to than Fire Claws. In evaluating it,
you need to consider at what skill level you get a better attack
against PIs than using Fury's faster attack with the best elemental damage
weapon you find (Gimmershred at the high end or something like a 1-400
lightning damage wand at the low end). In thinking about that, you
need to consider AR issues as well.
4) Put more points in WW to improve your AR.
5) Get the Carrion vine to slightly higher level, giving more
life per kill and longer survival rate.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:06:38 -0500, Last2Know wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:38:19 +0000, Mark wrote:
>
>> A little advise with my Fury Wolf if you'd oblige me.
>>
>> I have Maxed Lycanthropy, Fury and OS. I have 5 in WW which is enough with
>> plus skills to reach the last PB with my Ribcracker. One in Grizzly and
>> Carrion Vine, and all the prerequisites. Currently he is L72 with 5 saved
>> skill points. So where do I put my points from here? He'll probably get
>> another 10-15 levels, and I have the 4 from my Hell quests. Is Fire Claws
>> worth it without synergies? Or should I use the points to build up my
>> Grizzly? Or is there another option I'm not thinking of? HCL of course.
>
> I see the following main options (no particular order):
>
> 1) Buff up the bear/wolves with more points in dire wolves or grizzly.
> My strategy is to think of these pets as decoys and not to expect
> damage from them.
> 2) Put points in Cyclone Armor.
> 3) Put points in rabies to help kill PIs. Rabies has less
> pre-reqs for you to get to than Fire Claws. In evaluating it,
> you need to consider at what skill level you get a better attack
> against PIs than using Fury's faster attack with the best elemental damage
> weapon you find (Gimmershred at the high end or something like a 1-400
> lightning damage wand at the low end). In thinking about that, you
> need to consider AR issues as well.
> 4) Put more points in WW to improve your AR.
> 5) Get the Carrion vine to slightly higher level, giving more
> life per kill and longer survival rate.

Forgot to mention
6) Hunger - If you have an elemental damage weapon you can use this
as an anti-IM strategy.

mark

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I see the following main options (no particular order):
>
> 1) Buff up the bear/wolves with more points in dire wolves or grizzly.
> My strategy is to think of these pets as decoys and not to expect
> damage from them.

The Grizzly is pretty durable. But I really should concentrate on Dire
Wolves. It doesn't look very good for a Wolf to have a pet bear.

> 2) Put points in Cyclone Armor.
> 3) Put points in rabies to help kill PIs. Rabies has less
> pre-reqs for you to get to than Fire Claws. In evaluating it,
> you need to consider at what skill level you get a better attack
> against PIs than using Fury's faster attack with the best elemental damage
> weapon you find (Gimmershred at the high end or something like a 1-400
> lightning damage wand at the low end). In thinking about that, you
> need to consider AR issues as well.

I'm not overly concerned with PIs. I play only in a party and the Sorcs &
Furyzon can deal with them if the Necros haven't removed it with Amp.

I was curious about FC simply because I've never tried it, and was wondering
about it as a possible option for IM areas. At present I just weapon switch
to a barehanded attack, but it's incredibly slow compared to the Ribcracker.

> 4) Put more points in WW to improve your AR.

I have a BA merc.

> 5) Get the Carrion vine to slightly higher level, giving more
> life per kill and longer survival rate.

I've never had more than one point in CV for any Druid I've ever played. I
always considered it a one point wonder. Is it really worth more points?

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:41:04 +0000, Mark wrote:

> "Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I see the following main options (no particular order):
>>
>> 1) Buff up the bear/wolves with more points in dire wolves or grizzly.
>> My strategy is to think of these pets as decoys and not to expect
>> damage from them.
>
> The Grizzly is pretty durable. But I really should concentrate on Dire
> Wolves. It doesn't look very good for a Wolf to have a pet bear.

I don't worry much about fashion, but the 3 wolves provide
more distraction for the monsters so long as they stay alive.

>> 2) Put points in Cyclone Armor.
>> 3) Put points in rabies to help kill PIs. Rabies has less
>> pre-reqs for you to get to than Fire Claws. In evaluating it,
>> you need to consider at what skill level you get a better attack
>> against PIs than using Fury's faster attack with the best elemental damage
>> weapon you find (Gimmershred at the high end or something like a 1-400
>> lightning damage wand at the low end). In thinking about that, you
>> need to consider AR issues as well.
>
> I'm not overly concerned with PIs. I play only in a party and the Sorcs &
> Furyzon can deal with them if the Necros haven't removed it with Amp.
>
> I was curious about FC simply because I've never tried it, and was wondering
> about it as a possible option for IM areas. At present I just weapon switch
> to a barehanded attack, but it's incredibly slow compared to the Ribcracker.

All of your realistic options will be slow on hell level. If you
are playing with a party and don't intend to do Countess runs solo
then I would just not worry about the PIs. The downside to doing
something like Rabies barehanded on switch is that you lose the
chance for plus skills gear on switch to boost your summons.
Even my untwinked chars often find stuff like Fleshrender or Dark Clan
Crusher or Istlestrike.
Cl

>> 4) Put more points in WW to improve your AR.
>
> I have a BA merc.
>
>> 5) Get the Carrion vine to slightly higher level, giving more life per
>> kill and longer survival rate.
>
> I've never had more than one point in CV for any Druid I've ever played.
> I always considered it a one point wonder. Is it really worth more
> points?

Depends on your plus skills. A twinked char will get it to, say at
least lvl 7 on switch. If your vine is going to only only be at lvl
1 or 2 then more points would help.

I suppose you could also add ravens for the random dim vision casting,
but I tend to stay away from skills that are totally unreliable.

Hi,

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in

> "Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> 4) Put more points in WW to improve your AR.
>
> I have a BA merc.

Might merc with Obedience thresher. Switch weapons at start and whack a few
baddies until the Enchant triggers. Then switch back.

My level 83 SP WW Druid made Patriarch this way. Bonehew as main weapon and
Lawbringer blade to Decrep baddies on switch. Max OS and Fury, 15 in WW and
Lycan, 5 in Dire Wolves and Grizzly.

Regards,

Oliver

mark

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message

> Might merc with Obedience thresher. Switch weapons at start and whack a
> few
> baddies until the Enchant triggers. Then switch back.

As a party character, Might is a common choice amongst players, so I figured
I could get that from party members, so I went with BA to help with my AR.

> My level 83 SP WW Druid made Patriarch this way. Bonehew as main weapon

Bonehew doesn't seem like a good choice to me. I have Bonehew (281% ED), IK
Maul and my current weapon, a Ribcracker (237% ED), as choices. The Bonehew
has about 20% better raw damage than the IK (329 avg vs. 274.5). But the IK
gets +200% damage vs. Demons and +250% damage vs. Undead, and on top of that
it has 38% CB. Both the Bonehew with an IAS jewel and the IK with a Shael
swing at 9/5 frames (normal/Fury). So it seems to me that the IK is the
better choice with all it's extras. Best of all though would be if I up'd
the Ribcracker. It would have 353.5 average damage, with 50% CB and swing at
8/5 with an IAS jewel. I just don't know if it would be worth the runes to
upgrade such a low % Ribcracker.

> and Lawbringer blade to Decrep baddies on switch.

Not an issue, since I have minions, er, I mean party members to cast curses.
;-)

> Max OS and Fury, 15 in WW
> and Lycan, 5 in Dire Wolves and Grizzly.

More than 5 in WW doesn't do me any good speed wise, and I have the BA merc
to take care of AR.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>
>> Might merc with Obedience thresher. Switch weapons at start and whack
>> a few
>> baddies until the Enchant triggers. Then switch back.
>
> As a party character, Might is a common choice amongst players, so I
> figured I could get that from party members, so I went with BA to help
> with my AR.

yeah, but as an SP only player the Obedience AR bonus is really nice.

>> My level 83 SP WW Druid made Patriarch this way. Bonehew as main
>> weapon
>
> Bonehew doesn't seem like a good choice to me. I have Bonehew (281%
> ED), IK Maul and my current weapon, a Ribcracker (237% ED), as
> choices. The Bonehew has about 20% better raw damage than the IK (329
> avg vs. 274.5). But the IK gets +200% damage vs. Demons and +250%
> damage vs. Undead, and on top of that it has 38% CB. Both the Bonehew
> with an IAS jewel and the IK with a Shael swing at 9/5 frames
> (normal/Fury). So it seems to me that the IK is the better choice with
> all it's extras. Best of all though would be if I up'd the Ribcracker.
> It would have 353.5 average damage, with 50% CB and swing at 8/5 with
> an IAS jewel. I just don't know if it would be worth the runes to
> upgrade such a low % Ribcracker.

Well, the 225 str requirement on the IK maul is a small problem somehow.
Mebbe I could put in a SHAEL/HEL combo and get it down enough. I already
have 40%CB from crafted gloves, Duress armor and Gore Riders.
I still think that against normal monsters high damage works better than
CB.
I'm also trying to craft feral axes, as they only need 60% IAS to hit 4
frames per attack. So a 40%IAS feral axes socketed with SHAEL could hit the
breakpoint.

Regards,

Oliver