PC Locking up Randomlly

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Event Viewer
  • Boot
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 25, 2010 2:44:17 AM

Im getting random lockups with my pc , doesnt really matter what im doing its happening about 2-3 times a week , in the event viewer all i see is this error

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load SASDIFSV SASKUTIL

anyone know what that is??

Specs

i7920
8 gig ddr3
ga-x58a-ud3r
xfx 5970
win 7 64 bit

More about : locking randomlly

a c 215 $ Windows 7
August 25, 2010 3:58:57 AM

A quick Google search pointed to SuperAntispyware. Do you have it installed? This is a legit program, so perhaps the install (or uninstall?) messed up?
m
l
August 25, 2010 5:35:55 AM

i do have it installed , going to uninstall now.
m
l
Related resources
August 26, 2010 6:10:44 AM

so i uninstalled super i checked out the event viewer and im seeing alot of these
The IOCBIOS service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

I thought it was a virus , and i have finally come up with this...

Category: Trojan Downloader

Description: This program is dangerous and downloads other programs.

Recommendation: Remove this software immediately.

Microsoft Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the 'Allow' action and click 'Apply actions'. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the local administrator for help.

Items:
containerfile:C:\Users\Morissette\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\24\394dca98-3ae8ae9f
file:C:\Users\Morissette\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\24\394dca98-3ae8ae9f->yahoo/InfoCtrl.class

Get more information about this item online.

Ive run Superanti , Malwarebytes , ESET Online and now Microsoft Security Essentials and the only program that found that was the Security Essentials.
m
l
August 26, 2010 6:16:16 AM

the exact name is TrojanDownloader.Java/OpenConnection.EM
m
l
!