  • Browsers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 18, 2005 6:47:05 PM

Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with it
for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
control panel.

Tried everything but no results

More about : folder options

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:07:03 PM

Suggest you call Earthlink suppport, they should be able to help you on this
matter.

"ronloy" wrote:

> Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
> browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with it
> for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
> control panel.
>
> Tried everything but no results
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:15:02 PM

When I go to the web site you posted is shows "page can't be found". You may
have typed the url wrong or it is incomplete.

"bandaid" wrote:

> Suggest you call Earthlink suppport, they should be able to help you on this
> matter.
>
> "ronloy" wrote:
>
> > Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
> > browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with it
> > for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
> > control panel.
> >
> > Tried everything but no results
January 18, 2005 10:45:59 PM

Hi,

Go to the control panel/folder options, click on the file types tab. Scroll
down to HTML and click on it, then on advanced. In the menu, click on
"open", then click the edit button. Use this for the application line:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1

Use apply/ok to close up and then retry the link.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ronloy" <ronloy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
> browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with
> it
> for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
> control panel.
>
> Tried everything but no results
January 18, 2005 11:37:25 PM

That URL DOESNOT EXIST !!! 404