Folder Options

Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with it
for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
control panel.

Tried everything but no results
4 answers Last reply
More about folder options

    Suggest you call Earthlink suppport, they should be able to help you on this
    matter.

    "ronloy" wrote:

    > Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
    > browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with it
    > for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
    > control panel.
    >
    > Tried everything but no results

    When I go to the web site you posted is shows "page can't be found". You may
    have typed the url wrong or it is incomplete.

    "bandaid" wrote:

    > Suggest you call Earthlink suppport, they should be able to help you on this
    > matter.
    >
    > "ronloy" wrote:
    >
    > > Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
    > > browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with it
    > > for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
    > > control panel.
    > >
    > > Tried everything but no results

    Hi,

    Go to the control panel/folder options, click on the file types tab. Scroll
    down to HTML and click on it, then on advanced. In the menu, click on
    "open", then click the edit button. Use this for the application line:

    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1

    Use apply/ok to close up and then retry the link.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ronloy" <ronloy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
    > browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with
    > it
    > for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
    > control panel.
    >
    > Tried everything but no results

    That URL DOESNOT EXIST !!! 404

    ronloy wrote:

    > Unable to open http://home.earthlink.net/-middleton/topten.html on my
    > browser. Red X message: This file does not have a program associated with it
    > for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options
    > control panel.
    >
    > Tried everything but no results

Control Panel Browsers Microsoft Windows XP