Status
Not open for further replies.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Hihi, I heart The Settlers, but i cant seem to find anything similar :(
Any suggestions? Perhaps a bit more focus on Military would be nice but not looking for an allout RTS....the focus has to be on economy building and micro management.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
lol i was venting about Black and White 2 the other day in this thread :D
Mr Stranger, i admit i never really gave Civ a chance....it just seems like The Settlers with the view zoomed out, and all the fun bits taken out. Maybe i should try it again..

mcmonsterkill

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, kind of. Its got some city building elements to it as well. Kind of a weird mix. For some reason I thought of it when you mentioned settlers. Its also turn based. So yeah its not very close, but I bet you'd still like it, lol.

bhowell

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Can check out Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold 2. In addition to the RTS aspect, you also have to work at building up the respect of the people.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I liked the Settlers a lot.

I think my next project in that vein is 1701 AD. It's probably not for everyone but it seems like my kind of game.

bhowell

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
I have the whole settlers lineup and my wife really likes those. She tried 1701 AD but didn't like it very well. She also plays Rise of Nations, Age of Empires, and a few other RTS games. Once in awhile myself, my wife, and my 10 yr old son will get a network game of Rise of Nations going. A little "family time" you know. :)

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
pffff settlers 5 and 6 were toss tbh. ive pretty much given up searching and reinstalled 4.

Things you do when you sell your WoW account eh :O

bhowell

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
I tried WoW for awhile on a friends account. Really didn't hold my interest. I played for about 3-4 days and got a warrior up to lvl 16...that was it for me. Hadn't touched it since. Actually have gone back to playing Eve Online.

Scynte

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I just started playing Sins of a Solar Empire, it's a bit to learn (I'm not the greatest with micro-management!) but it has been great so far! Good graphics.

Only problem with it is there isn't a campaign (spelling?) only custom games and multiplayer games. I havn't tried out the multiplayer yet thou either! =)

But it's deff something to have a look at atleast

iamofage

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone remember a game that's very similar to Settlers 4, but with only vikings. I simply can't remember the title of the game, but it's very similar to Settlers 4 except better in gameplay graphics and about everything else lol. It had a story line and there were heroes, the main character was a nordic teenage boy forgot his name too, and he sails around with his nordic people like settlers and go around settling places. There were the french and arabic factions in the game as well as the evil race of serpentines that were very powerful as I remembered. I really like that game, and would like to play it again. Anyone know what I'm talking about? There were actually women in that game lol though they are only for increase population.

JamesWhite

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Hi everyone
I am new to this community and happy to be part of it. I am a software engg working in a organization since 4yrs. I love to play online internet game. Well do not mind but right now I don't have sufficient information but If in future I got than definitely I will share with you guys. I have news for the people those are interested in video game. There is site lunch for game called Jocuri Flash in the web site http://monstergames.ro/. Just play once and take the new experience and enjoy the fun.

Thanks

G

Your talking abt Cultures : Gates of Asgard. The teenage boy was Bjorni and yes that was a really nice game.

G

The best version of settlers that I have found and you might like is The Amazons, aka Amazons and Aliens. Has the exact setup as the settlers. there's also The Alien Nations and The Nations, both are supposed sequels but to me feel the exact same.

Status
Not open for further replies.