D845GEBV2 video problems

oc247

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2003
I just got a new Intel D845GEBV2 board for a friends business.
This Mobo has integrated Intel Video, no matter what I do I cannot get any diplay (including post, bios) yet I don't get any beeps.
I also tried both a PCI and AGP card with no luck.

I do get beeps when the momory is removed so something is working?

Any advice would be apprecaited, thank you

oc247

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2003
of course! I tried 3 spearate displays. Also disconnected the power and removed the battery. The only time I get an error beep is when I remove the memory.

I also tried disconecting all ide and floppy devices

I'm using an Antec 350 PS, and tried recennecting all cables
Does anyone know if Intel provides free phone support?
when I checked on the web page it showed a price for pay by incident.

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
From what you say, it sounds like the motherboard and CPU are active.

You probably have bad/incompatible memory or scrambled BIOS settings.

On motherboards with integrated video the memory is shared between video and CPU. (Yes, there's a performance hit) The first thing to get control of your system during boot is video... this happens before the POST can test memory and give you the SOS beep code for 64k failure and the video bios can't hook up to ram, so you end up with no display.

First, turn off AC power at the back of the machine, remove all but 1 memory strip, hold down the END key above the up arrow on your keyboard while you turn the power back on. On motherboards that support it (If memory serves, Intel does) this should bypass all POST tests, reset the bios to "safe values" and take you into the setup screen where you can hopefully configure for the memory you have installed.

IF that doesn't work... try swapping in different memory modules. It's possible you've got a bad one.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---

oc247

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2003
Thank you so much Teq, I will check this out and post a bit later today.

I'm really disapointed that Intel tries to gouge for support on their desktop boards!!!

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Well, worst case take it back to where you got it and get an exchange.

Warranties are made for just this situation.

TeeJay1952

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2003
Isn't it Unplug machine and then wait 2 minutes,plug in machine and hold Insert key to load BIOS defaults?
I don't have that . I have read this elsewhere.
Take with grain of doubt.

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
It probably varies from BIOS to BIOS...

The GigaByte and Intel boards I've used all responded to the END key... But if END key doesn't work... sure go ahead and try the INSERT key as well. I also heard that some work with the ESC key... so try that too!

Why not? :smile:

mujahith

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010

TRENDING THREADS