hp home networking

hello, my DeskTop is XP pro and my LapTop is XP home, i have followed all
procedures to create a home network but for some reason i cannot get them to
"see" each other.

the DT can see 2 computers in the workgroup but cannot acces the LT

what can i do ?

thank you very much

Gordon

mauOne wrote:
> hello, my DeskTop is XP pro and my LapTop is XP home, i have followed all
> procedures to create a home network but for some reason i cannot get them to
> "see" each other.
>
> the DT can see 2 computers in the workgroup but cannot acces the LT
>
> what can i do ?
>
> thank you very much

Have you ensured that you have exactly the same users set up on each
machine with EXACTLY the same passwords and EXACTLY the same access
rights? have you set any shared folders on each machine?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and

thank you very much for the reply gordon,

Zone alarm was interupting the comunication, i set the IPs to trusted zone
and everything is OK thanx again

and happy 2005

mauOne wrote:
> thank you very much for the reply gordon,
>
> Zone alarm was interupting the comunication, i set the IPs to trusted zone
> and everything is OK thanx again
>
> and happy 2005
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>>mauOne wrote:
>>
>>>hello, my DeskTop is XP pro and my LapTop is XP home, i have followed all
>>>procedures to create a home network but for some reason i cannot get them to
>>>"see" each other.
>>>
>>>the DT can see 2 computers in the workgroup but cannot acces the LT
>>>
>>>what can i do ?
>>>
>>>thank you very much
>>
>>Have you ensured that you have exactly the same users set up on each
>>machine with EXACTLY the same passwords and EXACTLY the same access
>>rights? have you set any shared folders on each machine?

Glad everything is OK!