CD drive wont work in XP

I have recently installed windows xp pro on a brand new 80gb hard drive and
now i can't burn any cd's using any burning software (i have tried roxio 6
and realplayer).
I previously used windows 98se with roxio 6 and it worked perfectly. I
did'nt change anything but the hard drive and the operating system. I have
checked the compatibility and it is supported and i have tried all the HCL
tests with no luck. Can anyone help?
I am just a novice when it comes to computers, but could it be anything to
do with SCSI or IDE? If so how do i resolve this?

Thanks

"Muzak" <Muzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have recently installed windows xp pro on a brand new 80gb hard drive and
>now i can't burn any cd's using any burning software (i have tried roxio 6
>and realplayer).

Does the internal burning tool work?
"How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a CD-R
or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129)
"CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529)

--
(tm)