my audio got deleted from my control panel. how can i download and reinstall.
(win xp home)

That depends on what you mean by "my audio"?

If you mean the Control Panel applet called "Sounds and Audio Devices":
Search your system partition (ordinarily that's the C:\ drive) for a hidden
file called mmsys.cpl. Do you have that file?

If you mean the Control Panel applet for your sound card, simply reinstall
the sound card's software.

Ted Zieglar

"nicehitsam" <nicehitsam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my audio got deleted from my control panel. how can i download and
> reinstall.
> (win xp home)

yes i have that file

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> That depends on what you mean by "my audio"?
>
> If you mean the Control Panel applet called "Sounds and Audio Devices":
> Search your system partition (ordinarily that's the C:\ drive) for a hidden
> file called mmsys.cpl. Do you have that file?
>
> If you mean the Control Panel applet for your sound card, simply reinstall
> the sound card's software.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "nicehitsam" <nicehitsam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my audio got deleted from my control panel. how can i download and
> > reinstall.
> > (win xp home)

thank yo Ted I found the files mmsys.cpl clicked on sound everythings working

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> That depends on what you mean by "my audio"?
>
> If you mean the Control Panel applet called "Sounds and Audio Devices":
> Search your system partition (ordinarily that's the C:\ drive) for a hidden
> file called mmsys.cpl. Do you have that file?
>
> If you mean the Control Panel applet for your sound card, simply reinstall
> the sound card's software.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "nicehitsam" <nicehitsam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my audio got deleted from my control panel. how can i download and
> > reinstall.
> > (win xp home)

TRENDING THREADS