Sign in with
Your question

Anyone have/knowledgeable about SUPERPOWER P2BXA

Last response: in Motherboards
March 18, 2003 8:57:35 PM

I have a Super Power P2BXA motherboard, any1 knowledgeable with this model? If so I have a question.
How do I flash memory? I am having trouble with new memory I installed, my PC only recognizes 1/2 of the total (256MB) memory stick I installed. When I reboot it only recognizes my new memory as being 128MB, the customer rep from where I ordered the memory from, suggested I flash the memory.
Any know how to flash memory? if so can you post the step by step instructions?
I'll be 4ever grateful, thanks in advance.
March 19, 2003 5:25:06 AM

OK here's an update to my problem.
I called up curical.com phone tech support to see if they would help. Thank GOD, the tech rep assisted me. He stated that the new memory I received needs to be a doubled module memory stick. It only has chipsets on 1 side, not both sides. My old memory is a double module (has chipsets on both sides) he went on to state that due to my motherboard model (Super Power SP-P2BXA) that the memory had to be a double module memory stick. He went into tech terms explaining why this was the case, but I can't recall what he said, was too technical for me.
I found this link to my motherboard here @ the tomhardware site. If anyone cares to add to this, please feel free. Any expertise info/suggestions from any1 familar with my motherboard model to help me avoid future headaches, would be appreciated.
Here's the link,
http://www17.tomshardware.com/mainboard/19981109/440bx-...
!