virus help

January 21, 2005 8:48:45 PM

can anyone tell me what is vbrun6nt.exe
my antivirus keeps telling me it has quarantined a Trojan from it. when I
try to find the exe I find a Shortcut to MS-DOS Program when I try to open
it says it does not exist.

all help welcome, oxy

More about : virus

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 12:08:36 AM

Hi,

Where is it finding it? That is not a system file, and it's more likely that
it is indeed a trojan with a name disguised to look like a system file. If
you are finding it in a System Volume Information folder, then you have it
in a System Restore point, so you will need to purge them.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Oxy" <oxyjon@THEWIDEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me what is vbrun6nt.exe
> my antivirus keeps telling me it has quarantined a Trojan from it. when I
> try to find the exe I find a Shortcut to MS-DOS Program when I try to
> open it says it does not exist.
>
> all help welcome, oxy

January 22, 2005 8:31:24 PM

I have deleted it from my AV quarantine yesterday but it has returned today.
The path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\vbrun6nt.exe but
when I do a search it can't find it.

!