virus help

can anyone tell me what is vbrun6nt.exe
my antivirus keeps telling me it has quarantined a Trojan from it. when I
try to find the exe I find a Shortcut to MS-DOS Program when I try to open
it says it does not exist.

all help welcome, oxy
2 answers Last reply
More about virus help

    Hi,

    Where is it finding it? That is not a system file, and it's more likely that
    it is indeed a trojan with a name disguised to look like a system file. If
    you are finding it in a System Volume Information folder, then you have it
    in a System Restore point, so you will need to purge them.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Oxy" <oxyjon@THEWIDEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > can anyone tell me what is vbrun6nt.exe
    > my antivirus keeps telling me it has quarantined a Trojan from it. when I
    > try to find the exe I find a Shortcut to MS-DOS Program when I try to
    > open it says it does not exist.
    >
    > all help welcome, oxy

    I have deleted it from my AV quarantine yesterday but it has returned today.
    The path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\vbrun6nt.exe but
    when I do a search it can't find it.
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where is it finding it? That is not a system file, and it's more likely
    > that it is indeed a trojan with a name disguised to look like a system
    > file. If you are finding it in a System Volume Information folder, then
    > you have it in a System Restore point, so you will need to purge them.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Oxy" <oxyjon@THEWIDEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> can anyone tell me what is vbrun6nt.exe
    >> my antivirus keeps telling me it has quarantined a Trojan from it. when I
    >> try to find the exe I find a Shortcut to MS-DOS Program when I try to
    >> open it says it does not exist.
    >>
    >> all help welcome, oxy

Virus Microsoft Windows XP