Sign in with
Your question

Decent Gaming Monitor

Last response: in Video Games
January 15, 2009 11:42:38 AM

I'm looking for a 22" gaming monitor. What decent ones are there out there at the moment? What sort of specifications should i be looking for?

Cheers

More about : decent gaming monitor

January 15, 2009 1:01:59 PM

Look out for brightness, contrast and response time.

You can't go far wrong with a, LG or Samsung, so long as you don't buy an older model.
January 15, 2009 1:05:15 PM

Agreed. Also demo a few locally if you can. Some monitors can have pretty annoying back light bleeding.
Related resources
January 15, 2009 1:26:36 PM

That's a good point. Also, always check as many reviews as you can before buying something like this, it's a highly opionated peripheral.

One man's ______ is another man's _______. (can't remember the proverb)

One person might love the look of a monitor's image, whereas someone else might hate it for exactly same reason!
January 15, 2009 1:52:31 PM

I have bought this and its love it, had no probs and I think the quality is excellent for games/movies. 22" screen, 2ms refresh rate, samsung, gd contract brightness etc: Samsung Aqua SM2253LW 22" TFT Monitor 1680x1050 1000:1 300CD/M2 2ms DVI widescreen. Bought from ebuyer uk @ £140 - love it. If I was buying one now, go for the 22" samsung rose. http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=540N - this new samsung monitor is awesome.
January 15, 2009 1:57:37 PM

When looking at the specs of different monitors be aware that refresh rates are not always the same, some will show grey to grey others a full off to on and back etc. Also contrasts some show a dynamic range others what the screen actualy is.
January 15, 2009 1:58:40 PM

mi1ez said:

One man's ______ is another man's _______. (can't remember the proverb)

I believe its Penis, and Peril.
January 15, 2009 3:03:25 PM

pr2thej said:
I believe its Penis, and Peril.

Meat and poison is how I heard it :D .

And I hate my samsung LCD's for gaming use :D . But thats not because samsung are worse than other LCD's its just I only get along with LCD's for desktop \ internet \ office work.
!