windows explorer error

Hi,
when trying to open My documents i get this message 'windows explorer has
encounterd a problem and needs to close' I have looked in the error log and
this is what it says ' Faulting application explorer.exe, version
6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mplvw7.dll, version 1.0.0.3, fault address
0x0001c33a.' this problem only occurs in my profile, others are unaffected.
Can anyone help. thank you.

"RobLee" wrote:

> Hi,
> when trying to open My documents i get this message 'windows explorer has
> encounterd a problem and needs to close' I have looked in the error log and
> this is what it says ' Faulting application explorer.exe, version
> 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mplvw7.dll, version 1.0.0.3, fault address
> 0x0001c33a.' this problem only occurs in my profile, others are unaffected.
> Can anyone help. thank you.

Hi RobLee,

Do you have a third-party Multimedia codec installed?

mplvw7.dll
http://www.fileproperties.com/m/MPLVM6.DLL.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"RobLee" <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747BD42A-8969-4163-8FCD-26DA6506B835@microsoft.com...
Hi,
when trying to open My documents i get this message 'windows explorer has
encounterd a problem and needs to close' I have looked in the error log and
this is what it says ' Faulting application explorer.exe, version
6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mplvw7.dll, version 1.0.0.3, fault address
0x0001c33a.' this problem only occurs in my profile, others are unaffected.
Can anyone help. thank you.

hi Ramesh,
I have found the offending file it is a folder called ligos in the common
file folder, it contains decoders and gomotion. I have removed the file and
the problem went away. But now my antivirus has stopped working, so i
uninstalled avgfree and tried to reinstall it again but for some reason it
will not install it keeps saying 'cannot init language file' the error log
just says AVG7, none. Im at my wits end why can i not reinstall my antivirus.
I have tried sys restore to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi RobLee,
>
> Do you have a third-party Multimedia codec installed?
>
> mplvw7.dll
> http://www.fileproperties.com/m/MPLVM6.DLL.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "RobLee" <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747BD42A-8969-4163-8FCD-26DA6506B835@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> when trying to open My documents i get this message 'windows explorer has
> encounterd a problem and needs to close' I have looked in the error log and
> this is what it says ' Faulting application explorer.exe, version
> 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mplvw7.dll, version 1.0.0.3, fault address
> 0x0001c33a.' this problem only occurs in my profile, others are unaffected.
> Can anyone help. thank you.

Hi RobLee,

Regarding "cannot init language file", you contact AVG support

AVG's Technical Support:
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_ts_index.php
http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?2,10579,page=2,backpage=

--