A7N8X vs A7N8X Deluxe

stewartg

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2003
Does anyone have any benchmarking experience between the two boards? Would the performance be identical or which would be the better. I can't get a A7N8X Deluxe for a good price atm. And I am very anxious to upgrade. I don't need Serial ATA, or Dual LAN, and I have a Audigy2. So the feature set has nothing to offer me other than firewire pins on board that I can use for a front mount kit, however I don't even have firewire devices at this time. So it't not a big concern.

So other than the features offered by the boards, which would be the better performer? Im lean both ways, either asus optimized the deluxe as thier flagship nforce board, setting it above. or the extra features rob bandwidth making the normal board the better.

Thanks alot,

Stewart G.

stewartg

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2003
This post can be disregarded, I already purchased the a7n8x (standard). quite frankly this board sucks and its going back to the store for a msi k7n2g-l board.

if anyone does have benchmarking results (thg fails to even consider benching the mcp2 & spp combo boards) then it might be useful to others considering a similar upgrade. personally i say stay away, this board isnt worth the dough.

jwhytsel

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2003
As an alternate opinion, (no offense entended whatsoever to stewartg) i've had the A7N8X Deluxe for a couple of months now, have really pushed it in many respects, and have had no problems at all.

Ignorance is bliss, and i'm a happy guy!