Following shortcuts in menus

Andrew

I have just upgraded to XP and I have discovered that it seems not to follow
desktop shortcuts to folders which are buried layers deep on my networked
drive. This means, for example, that to attach a document to an email I have
to open about five folders, subfolders, sub-sub folders etc to get the
document I want. My old Windows simply allowed me to click on the desktop
shortcut in a program menu and it would follow to the folder in question.

My question is whether anyone knows how to enable this feature in XP.
Any help appreciated, even confirmation that resistance is futile.

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just upgraded to XP and I have discovered that it seems not to follow
> desktop shortcuts to folders which are buried layers deep on my networked
> drive. This means, for example, that to attach a document to an email I have
> to open about five folders, subfolders, sub-sub folders etc to get the
> document I want. My old Windows simply allowed me to click on the desktop
> shortcut in a program menu and it would follow to the folder in question.
>
> My question is whether anyone knows how to enable this feature in XP.
> Any help appreciated, even confirmation that resistance is futile.

==========================
Have you tried creating new shortcuts?
==========================

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just upgraded to XP and I have discovered that it seems not to
>follow
> desktop shortcuts to folders which are buried layers deep on my
> networked
> drive. This means, for example, that to attach a document to an email
> I have
> to open about five folders, subfolders, sub-sub folders etc to get the
> document I want. My old Windows simply allowed me to click on the
> desktop
> shortcut in a program menu and it would follow to the folder in
> question.
>
> My question is whether anyone knows how to enable this feature in XP.
> Any help appreciated, even confirmation that resistance is futile.

Shortcuts work the same in Windows XP.

For e-mail: Remove "NIXTHIS" and append "#VS811" to Subject.