DOWNLOADING WINDOWS XP

I HAVE WINDOWS MILL 2000, IS THIS SUPPORTED BY WINDOS XP. I PURCHASED AN
"I-POD" AND AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD HARDWARE, BUT I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING
I NEED WINDOWS 200 0 SP4, OR WINDOWS XP, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE?
--
LEO LADY

Do you mean Windows Millennium?
There is no download to change Windows Millennium to Windows 2000 or Windows
XP.
You will need to buy what you need.

Also please do not use ALL CAPS in newsgroups.
ALL CAPS is considered shouting and rude.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"LEO LADY" <LEOLADY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I HAVE WINDOWS MILL 2000, IS THIS SUPPORTED BY WINDOS XP. I PURCHASED AN
> "I-POD" AND AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD HARDWARE, BUT I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE
> SAYING
> I NEED WINDOWS 200 0 SP4, OR WINDOWS XP, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE?
> --
> LEO LADY

"LEO LADY" <LEOLADY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I HAVE WINDOWS MILL 2000, IS THIS SUPPORTED BY WINDOS XP. I PURCHASED AN
> "I-POD" AND AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD HARDWARE, BUT I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE
> SAYING
> I NEED WINDOWS 200 0 SP4, OR WINDOWS XP, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE?
> --
> LEO LADY

1. You can't download hardware. Ever.
2. There is no Windows Mill 2000.
3. You can only download Windows 2000 or Windows XP if you have an MSDN

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

Gordon

LEO LADY wrote:
> I HAVE WINDOWS MILL 2000, IS THIS SUPPORTED BY WINDOS XP. I PURCHASED AN
> "I-POD" AND AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD HARDWARE, BUT I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING
> I NEED WINDOWS 200 0 SP4, OR WINDOWS XP, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE?

<Sigh>

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and

On 22/01/2005 Gordon wrote:

> LEO LADY wrote:
> > I HAVE WINDOWS MILL 2000, IS THIS SUPPORTED BY WINDOS XP. I
> > PURCHASED AN "I-POD" AND AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD HARDWARE, BUT I GET
> > AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING I NEED WINDOWS 200 0 SP4, OR WINDOWS XP,
> > HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE?
>
> <Sigh>

Come on Gordon, it's a new users group :)

PS My broadband was installed two days ago, it's worth the wait.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2

Jeff Gaines wrote:

> PS My broadband was installed two days ago, it's worth the wait.

Got mine the week before Christmas with all 3 machines here networked
together. It certainly is worth the wait, I can't believe how speedy
things are now <g>
Joan

You go to the shop and purchase it Windows XP or Windows 2000.It is not
available for download. Also please don't SHOUT. It is bad netiquette.

If your Ipod required Windows 2000 or XP it should have said so on the
packaging. Didn't you read the system requirements before purchase? You
need to download the software drivers/programs for your version of Windows
(Windows Millennium presumably - whatever "Windows Mill 2000" is ??) to
make the iPod work - which may not be possible if it only works with XP or
Windows 2000. Windows 2000 and Windows XP are Operating Systems that make
your computer work and quite possibly the iPod will only work with them.

You're probably trying to download software - not hardware - software are
computer programs, hardware are the physical computer components (such as
your iPod).

There is no such thing as Windows Mill 2000.

"LEO LADY" <LEOLADY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I HAVE WINDOWS MILL 2000, IS THIS SUPPORTED BY WINDOS XP. I PURCHASED AN
> "I-POD" AND AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD HARDWARE, BUT I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE
> SAYING
> I NEED WINDOWS 200 0 SP4, OR WINDOWS XP, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE?
> --
> LEO LADY

Does this mean you'll be turning XP groups into a old person's chat room like ME?

http://www.uscricket.com

On 22/01/2005 David Candy wrote:

> Does this mean you'll be turning XP groups into a old person's chat
> room like ME?

I didn't know you had.

PS Since you know enough to use a properly formed signature separator
why don't you know enough not to top post? Proper news readers are
designed to exclude all text after the sig separator and the result
looks like this - i.e. nobody looking at this post will have a clue
what it is about.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2