First, I'm a computer idiot! No joke . . .

I'm not even sure if this is a "WINDOWS" problem. Here goes . . .

A message keeps popping up saying:

MSN6.EXE UNABLE TO LOCATE COMPONENTS

This application has failed to start because MFC42.DLL was not found

Before my son left for college I asked him to put the WORDPERFECT ICON on
his sister's desktop - after that (I think) this message started popping up.

I tried to reinstall WORDPERFECT but it won't let me saying:

INTERNAL ERROR 2738

SOMEONE OUT THERE HOPEFULLY HAS A CLUE . . . MAY YOU CAN TELL ME IF IT'S A
COREL/WORDPERFECT OR MICROSOFT PROBLEM SO I CAN CALL THEM ON MONDAY. My
high schooler needs to get her reports done! HELP

THANKS \

KATHY
I don't know whether I should call COREL/WORDPERFECT or MICROSOFT for help
on Monday

2738 Could not access VBScript runtime for custom action [2]

If WP uses Windows Installer to install then this is what the error means.

VBScript doesn't use mfc42.dll.

So I would type in Start Run
sfc /scannow

This will replace missing windows files. Some security software disables WScript (aka scripting, wsh, vbs, or js).
http://www.uscricket.com