Share HP Scanjet on wireless network

a b α HP
January 23, 2005 2:55:04 PM

Can not share from second PC the Scanjet 6300c scanner. error mesage that it
can not initialize. It works fine from server and Precision scan Lan Host is
enabled. Runer has it you can not share scanners with XP. I used to do tins
with windows 2000 no problem. We recently upgraded to newer drivers but can't
find Lan software that is for this application on HP or Windows site.
--
Bellingham
Anonymous

Hi,

Unless specifically designed for it and with drivers provided for it by the
manufacturer, scanners generally cannot be shared.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone