How to setup New user account in a separate drive

I like create new user accounts in a separate drive ( ie in d:\ for example)
and also move all existing accounts to this drive. Can I just move the
Documents and Setting directory to new drive? If I just drag and drop it will
is foul my system?
Thanks in advance
--
Seng
4 answers Last reply

    Try this:

    "How to Move Shell Folders (and contents)"
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_shell_folders.htm

    Ted Zieglar

    "Seng" <Seng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I like create new user accounts in a separate drive ( ie in d:\ for
    >example)
    > and also move all existing accounts to this drive. Can I just move the
    > Documents and Setting directory to new drive? If I just drag and drop it
    > will
    > is foul my system?
    > Thanks in advance
    > --
    > Seng

    Thanks Ted Zieglar. Will the future new account will be automatically
    redirected to the new location or should I move them the same way?
    Seng

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > Try this:
    >
    > "How to Move Shell Folders (and contents)"
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_shell_folders.htm
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "Seng" <Seng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I like create new user accounts in a separate drive ( ie in d:\ for
    > >example)
    > > and also move all existing accounts to this drive. Can I just move the
    > > Documents and Setting directory to new drive? If I just drag and drop it
    > > will
    > > is foul my system?
    > > Thanks in advance
    > > --
    > > Seng

    User accounts can't be moved off the system drive. By following the
    directions in the article, the shell accounts you move will be located on
    the drives you choose.

    > Thanks Ted Zieglar. Will the future new account will be automatically
    > redirected to the new location or should I move them the same way?
    > Seng
    >
    > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    >
    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> "How to Move Shell Folders (and contents)"
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_shell_folders.htm
    >>
    >> Ted Zieglar
    >>
    >> "Seng" <Seng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I like create new user accounts in a separate drive ( ie in d:\ for
    >> >example)
    >> > and also move all existing accounts to this drive. Can I just move the
    >> > Documents and Setting directory to new drive? If I just drag and drop
    >> > it
    >> > will
    >> > is foul my system?
    >> > Thanks in advance
    >> > --
    >> > Seng

    Hi Seng,

    See: Cannot Move or Rename the Documents and Settings Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;236621

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Seng" <Seng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C350D6-0105-4E68-8A72-C5F23D2806A9@microsoft.com...
    >I like create new user accounts in a separate drive ( ie in d:\ for example)
    > and also move all existing accounts to this drive. Can I just move the
    > Documents and Setting directory to new drive? If I just drag and drop it will
    > is foul my system?
    > Thanks in advance
    > --
    > Seng

Internet Explorer User Accounts Microsoft Windows XP