Errors on my computer with WoW pleeeeassee help!

R121991

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Ok...i downloaded WoW the other day and it took honestly about eight hours to download it for some reason...i play for about two days and tried to get on one morning and they were doing maintenance so i waited until it was over and then logged on. It downloaded the new patches until about 98% where it told me it couldn't copy the new files and said to fix this i could click repair or reinstall the game. I clicked repair and told it to check and repair all files but everytime it gets to a certain point it tells me the data required to fix is too great and i must reinstall the game. I don't know why it downloaded so slow or why data is missing(as it says). I'm not very good with computers but at the moment i don't have a very fast computer but the game runs perfectly fine when i set the graphics low. I am currently building a fast computer but i still want to play WoW until then. I also tried downloading Everquest 2 but it said it was an approximate 13 hours until it would finish and it looked like it really was going to take that long. Any and all opinions would help because i am CLUELESS at the moment. If anything pops in your head at all do not hestitate to type it down. :)

Wish I had your connection - would take me about a week if I could maintain full speed for EQ II or WoW.

They are both large games, do you have enough hard drive space? IF you are running XP, one of the many ways you can check is by opening 'My Computer', right-clicking on your hard drive (usually 'C') and choosing properties. The resultant window will show you how much free space you have.

SimonSplat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
the speed of download isnt really anything to do with the speed of your computer. That is more to do with a - the speed of your internet connection (broadband) and b - the demand on where you are downloading from. I know that the WoW servers last night were very busy because of a new patch that was released yesterday.

If WoW cannot repair then uninstall it using the uninstall option in your start menu or by going to control panel, programs and features, and uninstalling it there.

Then re-install. If you downloaded it the other day you may be lucky and when you try and download it again it may be faster (as the download may already be there)

Thats about it for now. Good luck!

R121991

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
do you think that if i bought a newer version of the WoW game that it will dwnld faster because alot of patches are already built in? i mean the version i have is about 6 months- year old

Scynte

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
If you did buy it, it has every patch til the latest few on them so you may still need to dl 2-3 patches or so but better then downloading a s***load of patches.... So yes it would be quicker.