Enlarging Taskbar icons

Is there any way to enlarge the taskbar icons (other than decreasing the
screen definition)? Display Properties lets me change almost everything else
but apparently not these icons. We oldies are having more and more
difficulty over this sort of thing.
--
Julian
3 answers Last reply

    You may want to experiment with the Accessibility settings: Start > All
    Programs > Accessories > Accessibility.

    If something doesn't work out the way you like, you can always reset things
    by going back to the Windows XP Theme: Right-click on a blank spot on the
    desktop and choose Properties; the first tab that opens is the Themes tab.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "overj" <overj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to enlarge the taskbar icons (other than decreasing the
    > screen definition)? Display Properties lets me change almost everything
    else
    > but apparently not these icons. We oldies are having more and more
    > difficulty over this sort of thing.
    > --
    > Julian

    Taskbar is same as Titlebars or Caption Button (they are inter-related)
    http://www.uscricket.com
    "overj" <overj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1CE61F3-2959-4237-B49D-60158E1ABE60@microsoft.com...
    > Is there any way to enlarge the taskbar icons (other than decreasing the
    > screen definition)? Display Properties lets me change almost everything else
    > but apparently not these icons. We oldies are having more and more
    > difficulty over this sort of thing.
    > --
    > Julian

    Right click the task bar and select 'View' from the context menu.
    Selections for large icons and small icons should appear. (Im using the XP
    theme appearance settings.) The 'start Menu' icon size can be set by right
    clicking on the 'Start Menu'. 'Properties' should appear in the context
    menu. Select 'Properties', select 'Customize', select the 'General' tab,
    and finally, select large or small icons.

    HTH

Taskbar Microsoft Icons Windows XP