F.E.A.R. 2 Demo

str8ballistik

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
I just finished playing through the demo and I gotta say, I was blown away at how awesome the game was. My heart was pounding walking through the broken down, haunted, and bloody elementary school. The second I heard children laughing and playing in the dark hallway I turned around so fast and saw nothing, my heart felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. Lol, I guess that is a fear of mine. Kids can be really freaky. Also, the graphics were incredible! Has anyone else tried this demo out yet? If so what did you think?

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
no but i know what im doing tonight now :D
missus, go get me a 6 pack and sod off down the pub with yer mates.

On a side note, the scary kid gimmick is getting a bit old...it feels like not a month is going by without a freaky kid film coming out.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Great demo, if the live game is anything like this it'll be a definite hit.

Graphics are nice and ran like butter on my system at max settings, although im using a pretty high end oc/SLI rig.

The graphic quality is something like Left4Dead, but maybe a little better - with a light film grain effect on top.

str8ballistik

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
I personally thought the graphics look almost better than killzone for the ps3, and that game looks almost like cgi.

and now that you guys mention it, the scary little kid theme has run its course for me too, but I never really was scared of a little kid in this game (besides the sounds of little kids playing and laughing in a dark and dreary elementary school hallway) most of my fear was from this ghost that resembles the witch from left 4 dead. Fighting with that thing down the bloody hallways got my heart racing pretty good.

My system ran the game like butter too with everything maxed out, and I only have a amd 5600x2 with an 8800gts not-oc'd. I have to overclock that when I play crysis warhead etc.

XAERO

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
Personally i really enjoyed the demo, and reckon the game will be pretty awesome if the rest is anything like the demo. Scared the **** out of me too when the ghost str8ballistik talks about (i assume its the older form of alma) appeared right in my face and my cat took it upon herself to brush against me at the same time xD.

The gfx and general feel of the demo felt very refined, it ran very smoothly and in some instances it almost looked pre-rendered.

so thumbs up from me ^^

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
i found it quite good to but the weapon damage wasn't really good cuz they can take to much damage which screwed up crysis and far cry 2 where people took ten shots to die. THe default keyboard layout also sucked, i don't get y melee is on right click instead of ironsight and sprint on alt instead of on shift.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Had to take down the resi for my butter...nice looks though. Didnt like the keybinds much either but the bad guys were pretty cool. Coupla good reviews and ill pick this one up.

str8ballistik

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

you can always just switch up the controls to the way you want it. so you cant consider that a bad thing of the game. and as far as how many shots it takes to kill someone I didnt think it was that bad.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
About the shots thing, when I was reading on the FEAR forums yesterday, it sounded like it took too FEW shots to kill. Is your aim any good?

Controls, as long as you can customize them, it's perfectly fine with me. And right-click was melee in FEAR 1, so it makes sense it'd be the same. And melee was very useful (for me) in FEAR 1, don't forget the slide kick!! Shift was zoom, too. Using Alt for sprint.... it's not ideal, but seeing as they're keeping most control scheme similar to the first one, I can see why they did it that way.

str8ballistik

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

lawl

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008

My aim is fine but i think i play to much CoD hardcore which is y i found the weapons too weak. I know u can customize the controls but i thought they would use normal controls like other FPS.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Robbed the specs off Steam:

System Requirements

Minimum

Operating System: Windows® XP SP2/Vista SP1
Processor: P4 2.8GHz (3.2GHz Vista)/Athlon® 64 3000+ (3200+ Vista)
Memory: 1GB (1.5GB Vista)
Hard Disk Space: 12GB Available Hard Disk Space
Video Card: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 256MB (SM 2.0b). NVIDIA 6800 or ATI X700
DirectX® Version: 9.0c
Sound: DX9.0c compliant
Internet Connection: Broadband

Recommended

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/Vista SP1
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor family/Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (required for MP host)
Memory: 1.5GB
Hard Disk Space: 12GB Available Hard Disk Space
Video Card: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 512MB (SM 3.0). NVidia® 8600 GTS or ATI® HD 2900 XT
DirectX® Version: 9.0c
Sound: DX9.0c compliant
Internet Connection: Broadband (768kbit/sec upstream required to host 16 players)

13th Feb release date

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I just finished the demo and thought it was awesome! I played the first Fear and found it enjoyable. The graphics are some of the best that I have seen. Better than GTA4,Crysis, and L4D. This game also scared the sh-it out of me. My wife watched for about 40 seconds and then complained that she would most likely have nightmares.

FPS is not too bad for such detail. I average in the 40's while in the school at max settings on a 25.5 inch samsung. What is impressive is that the min FPS is much higher than you would think... sometimes in the 40's.

I will never name a kid of mine Alma that's for sure.