laserjet 2100tn "device communication error"

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
August 5, 2004 6:46:57 PM

Hi there,

We have a laserjet 2100tn with an ip address of 10.0.0.150, wrong ip
address. We need to change it to 192.168.95.201, jetadmin software sees it
via the mac address but reports a "device communication error" and won't
accept the ip address changes.

Any ideas?

thanks,

andy
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:07:40 PM

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:46:57 +0100, andy <andy@ajchard.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We have a laserjet 2100tn with an ip address of 10.0.0.150, wrong ip
> address. We need to change it to 192.168.95.201, jetadmin software sees it
> via the mac address but reports a "device communication error" and won't
> accept the ip address changes.
>
> Any ideas?

Maybe your JetDirect card died (ours did on our 2200dtn), which is
apparently a common problem. Although, in our case the config printed
from the printer thought there was no longer such a device installed (so
it had no IP).

If you try configuring a local PC for an IP in that range (like 10.0.0.1)
can you access the printer web config at http://10.0.0.150/