laserjet 2100tn "device communication error"

Hi there,

We have a laserjet 2100tn with an ip address of 10.0.0.150, wrong ip
address. We need to change it to 192.168.95.201, jetadmin software sees it
via the mac address but reports a "device communication error" and won't
accept the ip address changes.

Any ideas?

thanks,

andy
1 answer Last reply
More about laserjet 2100tn device communication error

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:46:57 +0100, andy <andy@ajchard.co.uk> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > We have a laserjet 2100tn with an ip address of 10.0.0.150, wrong ip
    > address. We need to change it to 192.168.95.201, jetadmin software sees it
    > via the mac address but reports a "device communication error" and won't
    > accept the ip address changes.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Maybe your JetDirect card died (ours did on our 2200dtn), which is
    apparently a common problem. Although, in our case the config printed
    from the printer thought there was no longer such a device installed (so
    it had no IP).

    If you try configuring a local PC for an IP in that range (like 10.0.0.1)
    can you access the printer web config at http://10.0.0.150/

Hewlett Packard IP Address Laserjet Devices Computers