manual network connection?

Hi there,

I want to be able to set up my network connection so that I manually enable
it after windows has loaded. Right now, the network connection opens as soon
as windows loads. I know how to disable it, but I would rather it stayed
closed until I wish to open it. Is there a way to do this? I am not running a
network, just internet access through a cable modem.
Thanks

Hi
Just don't turn on the modem until you are ready to on the internet.

"Richie" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I want to be able to set up my network connection so that I manually enable
> it after windows has loaded. Right now, the network connection opens as soon
> as windows loads. I know how to disable it, but I would rather it stayed
> closed until I wish to open it. Is there a way to do this? I am not running a
> network, just internet access through a cable modem.
> Thanks

That is one option...but I would rather do it through the desktop...there
must be a way to do this. Actually, it was set up this way before I had run a
windows repair install, so I know it is possible....

"Richie" <Richie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That is one option...but I would rather do it through the desktop...there
> must be a way to do this. Actually, it was set up this way before I had
> run a
> windows repair install, so I know it is possible....
>
> "bandaid" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Just don't turn on the modem until you are ready to on the internet.
>>
>> "Richie" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > I want to be able to set up my network connection so that I manually
>> > enable
>> > it after windows has loaded. Right now, the network connection opens as
>> > soon
>> > as windows loads. I know how to disable it, but I would rather it
>> > stayed
>> > closed until I wish to open it. Is there a way to do this? I am not
>> > running a
>> > network, just internet access through a cable modem.
>> > Thanks

Right click the connectoid and choose Properties. On the Options tab tell
it to Prompt for user name and password.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com