Changing A Name

Hi, I recently received a new computer for Christmas from my parents. When my
dad was setting things up for me, he must have typed in his own name for
something instead of mine. When I "browse" for a certain destination for a
file or picture, the label will have his name, not mine. For example:
C:\Documents and Settings\John Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....

I would like it to say:
C:\Documents and Settings\Liz Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....

Is there any way I can change the names? I know it isn't a huge problem, but
it bothers me since it's my computer. Thanks for any help!
2 answers Last reply
More about changing name

    CuteMoOse wrote:
    > Hi, I recently received a new computer for Christmas from my parents.
    > When my dad was setting things up for me, he must have typed in his
    > own name for something instead of mine. When I "browse" for a certain
    > destination for a file or picture, the label will have his name, not
    > mine. For example: C:\Documents and Settings\John Collins\My
    > Documents\My Pictures\.....
    >
    > I would like it to say:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Liz Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....
    >
    > Is there any way I can change the names? I know it isn't a huge
    > problem, but it bothers me since it's my computer. Thanks for any
    > help!

    Creater a new user account and start using it instead of the one your dad
    created.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Create a new User Account, copy the current user profile,
    then delete the old User Account.

    How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey FrischMicrosoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "CuteMoOse" wrote:

    | Hi, I recently received a new computer for Christmas from my parents. When my
    | dad was setting things up for me, he must have typed in his own name for
    | something instead of mine. When I "browse" for a certain destination for a
    | file or picture, the label will have his name, not mine. For example:
    | C:\Documents and Settings\John Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....
    |
    | I would like it to say:
    | C:\Documents and Settings\Liz Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....
    |
    | Is there any way I can change the names? I know it isn't a huge problem, but
    | it bothers me since it's my computer. Thanks for any help!

Computers My Documents Microsoft Windows XP