Changing A Name

January 24, 2005 7:35:04 PM

Hi, I recently received a new computer for Christmas from my parents. When my
dad was setting things up for me, he must have typed in his own name for
something instead of mine. When I "browse" for a certain destination for a
file or picture, the label will have his name, not mine. For example:
C:\Documents and Settings\John Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....

I would like it to say:
C:\Documents and Settings\Liz Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....

Is there any way I can change the names? I know it isn't a huge problem, but
it bothers me since it's my computer. Thanks for any help!

More about : changing

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 9:48:05 PM

CuteMoOse wrote:
> Hi, I recently received a new computer for Christmas from my parents.
> When my dad was setting things up for me, he must have typed in his
> own name for something instead of mine. When I "browse" for a certain
> destination for a file or picture, the label will have his name, not
> mine. For example: C:\Documents and Settings\John Collins\My
> Documents\My Pictures\.....
>
> I would like it to say:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Liz Collins\My Documents\My Pictures\.....
>
> Is there any way I can change the names? I know it isn't a huge
> problem, but it bothers me since it's my computer. Thanks for any
> help!

Creater a new user account and start using it instead of the one your dad
created.

--
<- Shenan ->
January 24, 2005 9:52:48 PM

Create a new User Account, copy the current user profile,
then delete the old User Account.

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151&Product=winxp

--
Carey FrischMicrosoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User