ShortFuse

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

At Christmas time my wife downloaded Santa for a wallpaper. It was listed as
Internet Explorer Wallpaper among the other selections of wallpapers. Now she
wants to change wallpapers, so she picks one, hits apply, and it's there.
When she starts her computer the next day, Santa is back. I have deleted
Internet Explorer Wallpaper from the selections and it stiil returns the next
day.
Can anyone help rid the computer of Santa Wallpaper?

Using Windows XP's Search tool, perform a search for *.bmp files
and delete the one you desire.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:07:01 -0800, shortfuse wrote:

> At Christmas time my wife downloaded Santa for a wallpaper. It was listed as
> Internet Explorer Wallpaper among the other selections of wallpapers. Now she
> wants to change wallpapers, so she picks one, hits apply, and it's there.
> When she starts her computer the next day, Santa is back. I have deleted
> Internet Explorer Wallpaper from the selections and it stiil returns the next
> day.
> Can anyone help rid the computer of Santa Wallpaper?

Display properties> Desktop> Customize Desktop> Web. Remove check next to
listing for the santa wallpaper.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User