tiffany

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

wondering if anyone can help please..i have a virus scanner and it found a
trojan horse virus..my virus protector can not heal the virus..is there any
where i can get a free down load tool to get it fixed or can deleting the
file get rid of it..

Hi

Do you know the name of the virus that has infected your system? If so, do
you also know where on the hard disk/partition the virus is?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Tiffany" <Tiffany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> wondering if anyone can help please..i have a virus scanner and it found a
> trojan horse virus..my virus protector can not heal the virus..is there
> any
> where i can get a free down load tool to get it fixed or can deleting the
> file get rid of it..

It is very important that all antivirus and anti-spyware is updated. Given
that threats from these sources are changing almost by the minute I would
seriously recommend that they be updated every week. You don't say which
anti-virus product you have. If it is Norton - and, presumably others, an
update will not only update the virus / spyware signatures but also program
elements which will not only increase the chance of detection but also
remedying the situation.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

In news:48C9B3C2-1BBA-4642-B308-CFAE1AD8471D@microsoft.com,
Tiffany <Tiffany@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> wondering if anyone can help please..i have a virus scanner and
> it
> found a trojan horse virus..my virus protector can not heal the
> virus..is there any where i can get a free down load tool to
> get it
> fixed or can deleting the file get rid of it..

Please realize that your question is the equivalent of asking
"I'm sick. Is there anywhere I can get a pill to make me better?"

Nobody can offer you any real help if you don't tell us what the
name of the virus is. Also please quote verbatim the full text of
the message the virus scanner gave you about it, and tell us
which virus scanner it was.

Please reply to the newsgroup

tiffany

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

hi sorry it was an Avg virus scanner..it says its a trojan horse
downloader.small 18.v
I hope this was the kind of info you wanted..let me know and thanks for the
help
"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:48C9B3C2-1BBA-4642-B308-CFAE1AD8471D@microsoft.com,
> Tiffany <Tiffany@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > wondering if anyone can help please..i have a virus scanner and
> > it
> > found a trojan horse virus..my virus protector can not heal the
> > virus..is there any where i can get a free down load tool to
> > get it
> > fixed or can deleting the file get rid of it..
>

> Please realize that your question is the equivalent of asking
> "I'm sick. Is there anywhere I can get a pill to make me better?"
>
> Nobody can offer you any real help if you don't tell us what the
> name of the virus is. Also please quote verbatim the full text of
> the message the virus scanner gave you about it, and tell us
> which virus scanner it was.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

tiffany

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

well it says its a trojan horse downloader small.18.V its path is c:/program
Files\grip\toolbar\cursorzone\ that seems to be all the info it will give
me..any help would be great thanks..

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you know the name of the virus that has infected your system? If so, do
> you also know where on the hard disk/partition the virus is?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Tiffany" <Tiffany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > wondering if anyone can help please..i have a virus scanner and it found a
> > trojan horse virus..my virus protector can not heal the virus..is there
> > any
> > where i can get a free down load tool to get it fixed or can deleting the
> > file get rid of it..

Hi

I can't much information about that particular virus. Please try an online
virus scan for a 2nd opinion - it won't interfere with any other programs
that you have installed on your hard disk/partition:

In news:4C42172C-9195-46B2-9301-51DC8294DD3C@microsoft.com,
Tiffany <Tiffany@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> hi sorry it was an Avg virus scanner..it says its a trojan
> horse
> downloader.small 18.v
> I hope this was the kind of info you wanted..let me know and
> thanks
> for the help

You're welcome. Sorry, I know nothing about that particular
virus, but with the information you've supplied maybe someone
else here can help you.