PC speaker sounds through a sound card

Could anyone help me to route my PC speaker sounds to my sound card. (I run
an old ABC music program and my new PC speaker is very weak)

On 25/01/2005 Mike Grace wrote:

> Could anyone help me to route my PC speaker sounds to my sound card.
> (I run an old ABC music program and my new PC speaker is very weak)

It may depend on which sound card you use, I think that some of the
Creative cards have this option - and probably others.

The information will be in the sound card manual though, it usually
consists of connecting the speaker to a set of pins on the sound card.

Have a look at the manual, or failing that the sound card
manufacturer's web site.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2

Mike Grace wrote:
> Could anyone help me to route my PC speaker sounds to my sound card.
> (I run an old ABC music program and my new PC speaker is very weak)

I very much doubt this is possible - it's probable that the program is so
old that sound cards were in their infancy...
on salads.

pop

> Mike Grace wrote:
>> Could anyone help me to route my PC speaker sounds to my
>> sound card.
>> (I run an old ABC music program and my new PC speaker is very
>> weak)
>

> I very much doubt this is possible - it's probable that the
> program is so old that sound cards were in their infancy...
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for
> sprinkling
> on salads.

Huh MP? It is doable, and I've done it for the same reasons the
OP wants to - ambient noise and the computer not close to me,
it's a very weak sound and sometimes important, esp after some
specific tests, etc.. Like someone else said, it depends on the
sound card. Granted it doesn't usually get used much, but ... it
sure is possible! Just not usually worth much.

That said, when you turn on the System Sounds, the PC speaker has
very little to do, and even during boot, it can't tell you
anything until after the sound drivers etc. are loaded. Some
software however does use it.

Pop

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 03:05:02 -0800, Mike Grace wrote:

> Could anyone help me to route my PC speaker sounds to my sound card. (I run
> an old ABC music program and my new PC speaker is very weak)

When I built a new system this year, I was surprised to see a setting in
BIOS that enabled/disabled the playing of the system beep through the
onboard sound chip (and to the system speakers). It wouldn't hurt to check
your BIOS screens to see if you have a similar setting.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

In the thread that you stored (i.e., Missing memory on slave drive?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics/browse_thread/thread/8b3fa281c7d1ec5e )
, I absolutely loved the exchange regarding the meaning of
PAL.....especially MPT's remark stamped Feb 21, 3:31 pm and Colin
Barnhorst's subsequent reply.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"uggabugga" <uggabugga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, well Miss Perspicacia Tick is very quick to judge others who give a
> wrong answer here. She also makes it a point to constantly badger users
with
> rude comments. Sounds like a psycho to me.
<snip>

Are you saying Tony Blair is a puppet? :) I just feel sorry for the guy that
married her. Or the next guy who does.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........