The XP home upgrade is now shipping with SP2 included.
Is the SP2 embedded in the product or is it a separate process to install it?
I have sone s/w (e.g. Photoshop) which has known problems. So if I buy the
upgrade I want to avoid SP2. It's now difficult to find the upgrade without
SP2.

Thanks for any help

In news:447F4A66-05BB-48B8-84E2-FF6CD1010E9F@microsoft.com,
hvlbond <hvlbond@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> The XP home upgrade is now shipping with SP2 included.
> Is the SP2 embedded in the product or is it a separate process
> install it?

It's embedded. You have no choice but to install it, and it can't
be uninstalled.

> I have sone s/w (e.g. Photoshop) which has known
> problems.

I haven't heard of any problems with Photoshop and SP2. Can you
elaborate?

Please reply to the newsgroup

> So if I buy the upgrade I want to avoid SP2. It's now
> difficult to find the upgrade without SP2.
>
> Thanks for any help

The SP2 is slipstreamed into the latest version of XP so you do not have to
install SP2 seperately. You also will not be able to remove it from the
slipstreamed install.
I would have thought that Adobe would have rectified any problems they have
with SP2 by now. Try the Adobe site and see if there is an update patch for
the software.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"hvlbond" <hvlbond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The XP home upgrade is now shipping with SP2 included.
> Is the SP2 embedded in the product or is it a separate process to install
> it?
> I have sone s/w (e.g. Photoshop) which has known problems. So if I buy the
> upgrade I want to avoid SP2. It's now difficult to find the upgrade
> without
> SP2.
>
> Thanks for any help

peter

> In news:447F4A66-05BB-48B8-84E2-FF6CD1010E9F@microsoft.com,
> hvlbond <hvlbond@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > The XP home upgrade is now shipping with SP2 included.
> > Is the SP2 embedded in the product or is it a separate process
> > install it?
>

> It's embedded. You have no choice but to install it, and it can't
> be uninstalled.
>

> > I have sone s/w (e.g. Photoshop) which has known
> > problems.
>

> I haven't heard of any problems with Photoshop and SP2. Can you
> elaborate?

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>

> > So if I buy the upgrade I want to avoid SP2. It's now
> > difficult to find the upgrade without SP2.
> >
> > Thanks for any help

elaborate?

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330621.html

In news:e%23wuUozAFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Peter <no@no> typed:

>> In news:447F4A66-05BB-48B8-84E2-FF6CD1010E9F@microsoft.com,
>> hvlbond <hvlbond@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>> > The XP home upgrade is now shipping with SP2 included.
>> > Is the SP2 embedded in the product or is it a separate
>> > process
>> > install it?
>>

>> It's embedded. You have no choice but to install it, and it
>> can't
>> be uninstalled.
>>

>> > I have sone s/w (e.g. Photoshop) which has known
>> > problems.
>>

>> I haven't heard of any problems with Photoshop and SP2. Can
>> you
>> elaborate?
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
>>

>> > So if I buy the upgrade I want to avoid SP2. It's now
>> > difficult to find the upgrade without SP2.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help
>>

> elaborate?
>
> http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330621.html

That seems like a very minor problem to me. It affects only
Photoshop Help, not the use of Photoshop itself, and it's easy to
resolve using the workarounds suggested there. It's your choice,
of course, but I wouldn't let that keep me from using SP2.

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:e%23wuUozAFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Peter <no@no> typed:
>
> > "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
>
> >> In news:447F4A66-05BB-48B8-84E2-FF6CD1010E9F@microsoft.com,
> >> hvlbond <hvlbond@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> It's embedded. You have no choice but to install it, and it
> >> can't
> >> be uninstalled.

> >> I haven't heard of any problems with Photoshop and SP2. Can
> >> you
> >> elaborate?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup

> > elaborate?
> >
> > http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330621.html
>

> That seems like a very minor problem to me. It affects only
> Photoshop Help, not the use of Photoshop itself, and it's easy to
> resolve using the workarounds suggested there. It's your choice,
> of course, but I wouldn't let that keep me from using SP2.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

There isn't a Photoshop fix (yet). The best solution seems to be to avoid IE
as the browser. The need to unblock at every Help access would be irritating
as I constantly use PS help - huge learning curve.
I'm not quite ready to switch to XP yet - I'll wait for PC replacement.
I'm trying to makesure I'm prepared. Looks as if I'll have to update some h/w
drivers though.
I may decide to stay with ME for a while anyway

Thanks for the comments.

Ken Blake wrote:
> In news:447F4A66-05BB-48B8-84E2-FF6CD1010E9F@microsoft.com,
> hvlbond <hvlbond@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
>> The XP home upgrade is now shipping with SP2 included.
>> Is the SP2 embedded in the product or is it a separate process
>> install it?
>

> It's embedded. You have no choice but to install it, and it can't
> be uninstalled.
>

>> I have sone s/w (e.g. Photoshop) which has known
>> problems.
>

> I haven't heard of any problems with Photoshop and SP2. Can you
> elaborate?

AFAIK, there aren't any. I have PS 5, 6, 7 and CS installed and I have no
problems.

on salads.