The RocketSorc Revisited

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2005 2:56:35 PM

Herro!

It seems I'm back to creating a character a week now ;)

Currently working on a Kicksin/WB/Nova/FB Sorc, and have burned in a Barb.

Anyway, the RocketSorc is progressing nicely. I just got her to lvl 67 this
morning, and muled over some goodies.
She's got 200 Vit, 160 Str, and base Energy.
She's got Nova/LM and FB at 20, working on Firebolt now.

I accidentally got a Might Merc, will go back to Act 2 NM and get a HF guy
when I get back on next (he's going to have an Insight Thresher). He's
using an Insight Halberd now and my mana ball stays comfortably on the full
side.

Currently wearing:
Tal's Belt
Tal's Ammy
Tal's Orb
Harly
Spirit Shield
ViperMagi
Silkweaves
Rare 10%FCR rings w/resists, and one has +90 mana or so :)
On switch she has a Lidless and a Suicide Branch.

All geared up with the Tal's stuff, she ends up with over 800 life and 1200
mana. Now I just have to get her up to 71 to stick on the Armor. I'm also
going to have to do some experimenting between Tal's and Harly/Eschuta's
setup, and see when the balance starts shifting between killing and
surviving. Oh, and my Orb/FB girl is a bit pissed that I just stole all of
her clothes :)

short - whirlybarb is next!

More about : rocketsorc revisited

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 3:52:31 AM

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> Herro!
>
> It seems I'm back to creating a character a week now ;)

You stopped? I thought you just made 8 at once then told us about 1 a week
:)
Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 11:05:36 AM

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:

>Herro!

>It seems I'm back to creating a character a week now ;)

>Currently working on a Kicksin/WB/Nova/FB Sorc, and have burned in a Barb.

Sounds cool. I'm currently working on a FOH paladin, a beekeeper, and a
planned (read: dalai and I were idling in a game and started discussing) 600
dexterity zon. Up next for me is a barb too! Are low ED Death Cleavers
still trading for a pul each?

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
April 21, 2005 11:05:37 AM

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:
>
> >Herro!
>
> >It seems I'm back to creating a character a week now ;)
>
> >Currently working on a Kicksin/WB/Nova/FB Sorc, and have burned in a
Barb.

> Sounds cool. I'm currently working on a FOH paladin, a beekeeper, and a
> planned (read: dalai and I were idling in a game and started discussing)
600
> dexterity zon. Up next for me is a barb too! Are low ED Death Cleavers
> still trading for a pul each?

Another undead killer, eh? :)
Remember, I have a CB Ormus if you ever get old enough to use it :)
IIRC I had a Zon that had 400 Dex or so, but never 600. That could be neat.

short - no clue about the Death Cleavers

April 21, 2005 4:57:20 PM

short wrote:
> Herro!
>
> It seems I'm back to creating a character a week now ;)
>
> Currently working on a Kicksin/WB/Nova/FB Sorc, and have burned in a
Barb.

> Anyway, the RocketSorc is progressing nicely. I just got her to lvl
67 this
> morning, and muled over some goodies.
> She's got 200 Vit, 160 Str, and base Energy.
> She's got Nova/LM and FB at 20, working on Firebolt now.
>
> I accidentally got a Might Merc, will go back to Act 2 NM and get a
HF guy
> when I get back on next (he's going to have an Insight Thresher).
He's
> using an Insight Halberd now and my mana ball stays comfortably on
the full
> side.
>
> Currently wearing:
> Tal's Belt
> Tal's Ammy
> Tal's Orb
> Harly
> Spirit Shield
> ViperMagi
> Silkweaves
> Rare 10%FCR rings w/resists, and one has +90 mana or so :)
> On switch she has a Lidless and a Suicide Branch.
>
> All geared up with the Tal's stuff, she ends up with over 800 life
and 1200
> mana. Now I just have to get her up to 71 to stick on the Armor.
I'm also
> going to have to do some experimenting between Tal's and
Harly/Eschuta's
> setup, and see when the balance starts shifting between killing and
> surviving. Oh, and my Orb/FB girl is a bit pissed that I just stole
all of
> her clothes :)

Not the way I build em. Given that nova is a mosterous mana burner, I
leave my VIT at base, pump the snot out of my mana, get me a rabbi and
voila, I have 4k mana. Should a friendly barb show up, it's 6k mana :)

Mickey
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 8:45:22 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> short wrote:
> > Herro!
> >
> > It seems I'm back to creating a character a week now ;)
> >
> > Currently working on a Kicksin/WB/Nova/FB Sorc, and have burned in a
> Barb.
> >

> > Anyway, the RocketSorc is progressing nicely. I just got her to lvl
> 67 this
> > morning, and muled over some goodies.
> > She's got 200 Vit, 160 Str, and base Energy.
> > She's got Nova/LM and FB at 20, working on Firebolt now.
> >
> > I accidentally got a Might Merc, will go back to Act 2 NM and get a
> HF guy
> > when I get back on next (he's going to have an Insight Thresher).
> He's
> > using an Insight Halberd now and my mana ball stays comfortably on
> the full
> > side.
> >
> > Currently wearing:
> > Tal's Belt
> > Tal's Ammy
> > Tal's Orb
> > Harly
> > Spirit Shield
> > ViperMagi
> > Silkweaves
> > Rare 10%FCR rings w/resists, and one has +90 mana or so :)
> > On switch she has a Lidless and a Suicide Branch.
> >
> > All geared up with the Tal's stuff, she ends up with over 800 life
> and 1200
> > mana. Now I just have to get her up to 71 to stick on the Armor.
> I'm also
> > going to have to do some experimenting between Tal's and
> Harly/Eschuta's
> > setup, and see when the balance starts shifting between killing and
> > surviving. Oh, and my Orb/FB girl is a bit pissed that I just stole
> all of
> > her clothes :)
>
> Not the way I build em. Given that nova is a mosterous mana burner, I
> leave my VIT at base, pump the snot out of my mana, get me a rabbi and
> voila, I have 4k mana. Should a friendly barb show up, it's 6k mana :)
>
> Mickey

Yeah, but you don't need all that mana anymore with an insight stick :)

Besides, there is no way in hell I'm surviving with base Vit

short

April 22, 2005 10:53:36 AM

short wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > short wrote:
> > > Herro!
> > >
> > > It seems I'm back to creating a character a week now ;)
> > >
> > > Currently working on a Kicksin/WB/Nova/FB Sorc, and have burned
in a
> > Barb.
> > >

> > > Anyway, the RocketSorc is progressing nicely. I just got her to
lvl
> > 67 this
> > > morning, and muled over some goodies.
> > > She's got 200 Vit, 160 Str, and base Energy.
> > > She's got Nova/LM and FB at 20, working on Firebolt now.
> > >
> > > I accidentally got a Might Merc, will go back to Act 2 NM and get
> > HF guy
> > > when I get back on next (he's going to have an Insight Thresher).
> > He's
> > > using an Insight Halberd now and my mana ball stays comfortably
on
> > the full
> > > side.
> > >
> > > Currently wearing:
> > > Tal's Belt
> > > Tal's Ammy
> > > Tal's Orb
> > > Harly
> > > Spirit Shield
> > > ViperMagi
> > > Silkweaves
> > > Rare 10%FCR rings w/resists, and one has +90 mana or so :)
> > > On switch she has a Lidless and a Suicide Branch.
> > >
> > > All geared up with the Tal's stuff, she ends up with over 800
life
> > and 1200
> > > mana. Now I just have to get her up to 71 to stick on the Armor.
> > I'm also
> > > going to have to do some experimenting between Tal's and
> > Harly/Eschuta's
> > > setup, and see when the balance starts shifting between killing
and
> > > surviving. Oh, and my Orb/FB girl is a bit pissed that I just
stole
> > all of
> > > her clothes :)
> >
> > Not the way I build em. Given that nova is a mosterous mana burner,
> > leave my VIT at base, pump the snot out of my mana, get me a rabbi
and
> > voila, I have 4k mana. Should a friendly barb show up, it's 6k mana
:)

> > Mickey
> >

> Yeah, but you don't need all that mana anymore with an insight stick
:)

> Besides, there is no way in hell I'm surviving with base Vit

These two statements are incongruent. With an Insight stick, you almost
cannot be killed, regardless of your VIT, if you have a large ES.

Mickey
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 2:53:19 PM

> short wrote:
> > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> in a
> > > Barb.

> lvl
> > > 67 this

> > > HF guy
> > > He's
> on
> > > the full

> life
> > > and 1200
> > > I'm also
> > > Harly/Eschuta's
> and
> stole
> > > all of
> > >
> > > Not the way I build em. Given that nova is a mosterous mana burner,
> > > leave my VIT at base, pump the snot out of my mana, get me a rabbi
> and
> > > voila, I have 4k mana. Should a friendly barb show up, it's 6k mana
> :)
> > >
> > > Mickey
> > >

> > Yeah, but you don't need all that mana anymore with an insight stick
> :)
> >
> > Besides, there is no way in hell I'm surviving with base Vit
>
> These two statements are incongruent. With an Insight stick, you almost
> cannot be killed, regardless of your VIT, if you have a large ES.
>
> Mickey

Yeah, but I don't have any points in ES yet :)

Plan is to get FBall and FBlast up to 20 first, then a point or 3 into ES.

short

April 22, 2005 2:53:37 PM

r...@telus.net wrote:
> On 22 Apr 2005 06:53:36 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >short wrote:
> >> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> >and
> >:)
> >> >

> >> Yeah, but you don't need all that mana anymore with an insight
stick
> >:)
> >>
> >> Besides, there is no way in hell I'm surviving with base Vit
> >
> >These two statements are incongruent. With an Insight stick, you
almost
> >cannot be killed, regardless of your VIT, if you have a large ES.
>
> Except when there are mana burners around, when you almost cannot
> survive, no matter what your ES. The extreme prevalence of mana
> burners in Hell makes base vit, high energy and a large ES a highly
> questionable sorc build, IMO. In HC it is simply not playable,
> especially in Hell.

In order for a mana burner to have any effect, he has to hit you. If he
hits a sorc, you aren't paying attention. I don't think my rocket sorc
has ever had her mana stolen by one of them. As to the build being
quetionable, I would defer that answer to any of the legion of people
who were power leveled by my rocket sorc. Not only has she not died
since she was level 20 or so, she really hasn't come remotely close to
it.

Mickey
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 8:03:56 PM

In article <1114178016.882226.22690@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>These two statements are incongruent. With an Insight stick, you almost
>cannot be killed, regardless of your VIT, if you have a large ES.

So, what is the basic Nova sorc, as you build it?

I'm curious, and since I'm contemplating building another sorc, after my
current and first FO/CL sorc, I'm open to suggestions...

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 9:47:21 PM

On 22 Apr 2005 06:53:36 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>short wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> > Not the way I build em. Given that nova is a mosterous mana burner,
>> > leave my VIT at base, pump the snot out of my mana, get me a rabbi
>and
>> > voila, I have 4k mana. Should a friendly barb show up, it's 6k mana
>:)
>> >

>> Yeah, but you don't need all that mana anymore with an insight stick
>:)
>>
>> Besides, there is no way in hell I'm surviving with base Vit
>
>These two statements are incongruent. With an Insight stick, you almost
>cannot be killed, regardless of your VIT, if you have a large ES.

Except when there are mana burners around, when you almost cannot
survive, no matter what your ES. The extreme prevalence of mana
burners in Hell makes base vit, high energy and a large ES a highly
questionable sorc build, IMO. In HC it is simply not playable,
especially in Hell.

-- Roy L
!