Help with Windows socket problem

Craig

Something happened to my WinXP Pro. When booted, the screen shows nothing
else except wall paper. After one or two minutes later, it returns to
WinXP screen. The initial error was "Windows socket initialization
failed". It seems that I messed up Windows socket inadvertently. Could
someone tell me how to fix this problem. Satoshi

Try Method 1 fix here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817571

Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811259
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Something happened to my WinXP Pro. When booted, the screen shows
> nothing else except wall paper. After one or two minutes later, it
> returns to WinXP screen. The initial error was "Windows socket
> initialization failed". It seems that I messed up Windows socket
> inadvertently. Could someone tell me how to fix this problem. Satoshi

You posted with SP2. If this is the same machine go to Start | Run and type
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

--